Home

AEW Off-Topic

This is a discussion on AEW Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2019, 10:04 PM   #41
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

The latest on a TV deal for AEW is that there are two networks bidding for the rights to air AEW. One network is offering more money while the other network has more exposure. Meltzer also says the discussions with the Network include airing a LIVE two hour show every week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

So...The Elite screwed up with All In real bad, like real real bad. They allowed ROH to keep the broadcast rights to the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #43

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
The latest on a TV deal for AEW is that there are two networks bidding for the rights to air AEW. One network is offering more money while the other network has more exposure. Meltzer also says the discussions with the Network include airing a LIVE two hour show every week.
Live shows I feel will be the important part here. Even WWE when their TV ratings were high, any non live show always had a noticeably smaller viewership number.

Hopefully it's a TV deal that'd be beyond just USA. Sure people in other countries can just find other ways to watch it online, but it's way more convenient for lazier people to just have it on TV rather than find a stream or clicking on abunch of links/going through pop up ads before getting to the video.

That's one thing a US based wrestling company should be looking at if they want to get more viewers. While TNA didn't do so great attendance wise in the US, look at the attendance at shows in places like London. Utilize something we don't see WWE doing so often anymore (holding TV/PPV events outside the US)
Old 01-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #44

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
So...The Elite screwed up with All In real bad, like real real bad. They allowed ROH to keep the broadcast rights to the show.

It's up on NJPW World too. It was on Honor Club originally, so It's not surprising. And no one has gone after people uploading it to YouTube. I don't think anyone is really worried too much about how people are able to view that show.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #45

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It's up on NJPW World too. It was on Honor Club originally, so It's not surprising. And no one has gone after people uploading it to YouTube. I don't think anyone is really worried too much about how people are able to view that show.
That's not the problem, the problem is that AEW would probably have to either 1) Buy the rights to that footage and that's if Sinclair is willing to part with it and 2) They won't be able to show any of that footage on future shows without Sinclair's permission.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

AEW Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
That's not the problem, the problem is that AEW would probably have to either 1) Buy the rights to that footage and that's if Sinclair is willing to part with it and 2) They won't be able to show any of that footage on future shows without Sinclair's permission.

Exactly this. The problem isn’t how people can watch it. It’s that now the Bucks/Cody/Khan now have to go to Sinclair and ROH to buy the footage back in order to use it again. And that’s a cost that they weren’t expecting when they started out this venture 4 months ago.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #47

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Exactly this. The problem isn’t how people can watch it. It’s that now the Bucks/Cody/Khan now have to go to Sinclair and ROH to buy the footage back in order to use it again. And that’s a cost that they weren’t expecting when they started out this venture 4 months ago.

Maybe they will want to show clips from that show at some point, but AEW is a completely different animal than what All In was. That was a unique show with talent from ROH, Impact, NJPW, CMLL, AAA, PWG, MLW, NWA, and guys not signed with any of those promotions. We'll never see a DVD/BluRay release of that show.

Last edited by dubcity; 01-17-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #48
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

They have a live feed going on right now at MGM Grand. Matt & Nick talked about having the best tag team wrestling and brought out Best Friends Chuck Taylor and Trent Baretta. Then the Lucha Brothers showed up and took out the Young Bucks. I'll update this post as they announce more things. All Elite Wrestling on Twitter announced a partnership with AAA.

Brandi Rhodes then came out to talk about the Women's Division. She announced two Japanese female stars and brought out Kylie Rae. Brandi then introduced Nyla Rose.

SCU came out and announced a after party that they will be hosting after Double or Nothing. Then they brought out Oriental Wrestling Entertainment presidents and proposed a three on three match for Double or Nothing.

Kenny Omega has officially signed with AEW and came out to close the show. Chris Jericho interrupted him and started to attack Omega but security broke them up. So we'll get Jericho vs Omega at Double or Nothing.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 02-07-2019 at 10:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »