Home

On this day in professional wrestling history...

This is a discussion on On this day in professional wrestling history... within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:40 AM   #25
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: On this day in professional wrestling history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
10 years ago today(June 12,2006)....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoU-Iwmz0Tc

That was one of first leaked moments I ever remember on internet(there were obviously more in the past,but for me,DX in 06 was my first introduction to the "IWC"). People on this site specifically posting the leaked poster for a PPV(I think it was Vengeance?) with the DX spraypaint on it, which made people realize DX was for sure returning.

I never watched attitude era, so seeing DX reuniting was cool for me as I finally got to see DX for first time ever. Loved watching those DX moments each and every week in 06, the McMahon parody was the best one(Cryme Tyme interaction was 2nd best)
It was Vengeance. One of the many shows I attended and the first I attended with my gf/fiance/now wife.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 12:48 PM   #26
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

On this day (well yesterday), the original pipe bomb and the original Summer of Punk.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #27

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

June 19 1994: (Owen becomes "King of Harts")

June 19,2011(Capitol Punishment)
Old 06-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
June 19 1994: (Owen becomes "King of Harts")

What an awesome storyline that was with Owen and Bret. Kicking things off with Owen being the only one eliminated at the 93 Survivor Series and planting the seed of him turning, then him kicking Bret's leg out from his leg at The Royal Rumble. We get the awesome opening match at WM 10 and the show ending with Owen watching Bret celebrate as he wins the title, The Anvil gets Bret DQ'd at King of the Ring so Owen can face him at Summerslam for the title, I don't think I've ever wanted to see a heel lose as bad as I wanted Owen to lose that match, I absolutely loathed Owen during this angle. Something about the promo he cut where he was yelling I'm a big boy now Bret drove me insanely mad. Then Bret faces Backlund at Survivor Series and Owen cons his parents into throwing in the towel for Bret and costs him the title. I miss these types of storylines so much where you have other angles intermingled with your main story
Old 06-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #29

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What an awesome storyline that was with Owen and Bret. Kicking things off with Owen being the only one eliminated at the 93 Survivor Series and planting the seed of him turning, then him kicking Bret's leg out from his leg at The Royal Rumble. We get the awesome opening match at WM 10 and the show ending with Owen watching Bret celebrate as he wins the title, The Anvil gets Bret DQ'd at King of the Ring so Owen can face him at Summerslam for the title, I don't think I've ever wanted to see a heel lose as bad as I wanted Owen to lose that match, I absolutely loathed Owen during this angle. Something about the promo he cut where he was yelling I'm a big boy now Bret drove me insanely mad. Then Bret faces Backlund at Survivor Series and Owen cons his parents into throwing in the towel for Bret and costs him the title. I miss these types of storylines so much where you have other angles intermingled with your main story
WM10 features some of my fave WM moments simply cause of that. The Owen-Bret match was great. One of my faves ever. And that closing moment of WM with Bret celebrating in the ring with the good guys,while Owen is there from a distance in the arena, just watching all of it happening.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #30
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

20 years ago....

Old 06-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #31

Majingir's Arena

9 years ago today(but technically a few days earlier since exact date I don't know if it's confirmed or not since nobody truly knows what happened)

That was the craziest moment for me in WWE. I never watched during Owen days, but I did see the Eddie stuff, but Benoit one for me was the bigger death. Before even knowing anything that happened, was so horrible hearing that news about him. And then that entire episode of Raw, Mr.McMahon having to tell everyone about his death being a storyline, all the fans in the arena were sent home, the show was basically cancelled, and they had the tribute for him all night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 01:35 AM   #32

Majingir's Arena

5 years ago today, exactly on a Monday too obviously. One of those rare "is it real or fake" moments at time it happened. Too bad back then, wwe had taped show, so we knew an hour after it happened, it was scripted cause next week's raw got filmed afterwards.
http://youtu.be/ZUvxtlpvd3s

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »