Home

WrestleMania 31 (3/29/15)

This is a discussion on WrestleMania 31 (3/29/15) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #17
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WrestleMania 31 (3/29/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
I just hope Wyatt takes on a darker persons and drops the Hawaiian shirts after a match with 'Taker.
This would be so cool.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:18 AM   #18

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
This and I'm pretty sure all the announcers only refer to it as WrestleMania, not WrestleMania 31.

Man, little things like that bug me so much. It's like when they called WM 25 the "25th anniversary of Wrestlemania." (Never mind that it was factually incorrect; unless WM 1 was considered the 1st anniversary of Wrestlemania, which makes no sense.)
Old 02-24-2015, 04:23 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I never thought I would see the day where this card, without any more confirmations yet, was being looked at as a weak card.. times sure have changed.
Because it isn't 1998. HHH, Taker and Sting aren't twenty-somethings..
Old 02-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Wyatt vs Undertanker isn't officially announced yet, Taker hasn't even been on TV yet this year, why is it listed as an official match here?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #21
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Why they would even consider putting Taker in a match with an opponent as physical as Wyatt is completely beyond me. Not after what happened last year. Sorry WWE, I'm not interested.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 03:06 PM   #22

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I still say they should have done Sting/Taker, then have the ring erupt into flames and that's the last we ever see of those two in a ring. Or something dramatic like that.

It feels like such a reach to build up Sting/HHH based on the old Nitro vs Raw wars. I never felt like Triple H was the face of the WWE at that time, and Sting's prime Crow run was all about taking down the NWO. Not a WM dream match by any stretch.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I still say they should have done Sting/Taker, then have the ring erupt into flames and that's the last we ever see of those two in a ring. Or something dramatic like that.

It feels like such a reach to build up Sting/HHH based on the old Nitro vs Raw wars. I never felt like Triple H was the face of the WWE at that time, and Sting's prime Crow run was all about taking down the NWO. Not a WM dream match by any stretch.
I honestly believe it's only because Sting/Taker is being saved for WM 32. They want all the headline matches they can have because they're trying to break the WM 3 attendance record. Triple H is the only other guy other than Taker that was around in the MNW era that facing Sting would make any kind of sense.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

The card looks okay to me. Not necessarily WrestleMania-worthy but I think there's some really good matches to be had with Rollins/Orton and Ziggler/Bryan. Plus I think Sting/HHH could be very good as well (much better than a Taker/Sting match would have been, even though that might have made more sense and was the dream match).

It's really just a poorly-built main event like Reigns/Lesnar pulling things down. From the outside looking in, it just doesn't feel worthy of being the main event of WrestleMania. Mainly because Reigns has been force fed into that spot. If they would have gave Roman a proper build then maybe it would be more appealing, but that's obviously not the case.

Quote:
I honestly believe it's only because Sting/Taker is being saved for WM 32. They want all the headline matches they can have because they're trying to break the WM 3 attendance record. Triple H is the only other guy other than Taker that was around in the MNW era that facing Sting would make any kind of sense.
That's probably part of it.

I don't know how much Sting has left in the tank but I imagine he's not too far off from where Taker was in his matches with HHH, so in comparison they probably feel HHH can make Sting look good and deliver a great match the way he did with Taker.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 02-24-2015 at 03:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »