Home

WWE 2K14 Slider Thread.

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Slider Thread. within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #49
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: WWE 2K14 Slider Thread.

I edited the sliders on the first page to what I have now. Obviously there is user skill involved, but I feel these can give a good challenge for anyone. Turning off Reversal help indicators really give it that extra challenge.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #50
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I will give the sliders a try tonight, Irish. Just got the game last night and was playing on Hard difficulty and lost all 3 of my matches! I've never been so happy to lose in a video game, because one of my main gripes for years with WWE games has been they are too easy, even on the hardest difficulty.

I am still terrible at the kickout meter! My first match was CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar, and somehow I managed to kick out of several pin attempts before the meter became too small and I missed my one chance to kick out. Punk's rating for resiliency (or whatever it is called in the game) must be high because even after taking a lot of damage, the meter was still pretty big, making it easier for me to get the timing right.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #51
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I will give the sliders a try tonight, Irish. Just got the game last night and was playing on Hard difficulty and lost all 3 of my matches! I've never been so happy to lose in a video game, because one of my main gripes for years with WWE games has been they are too easy, even on the hardest difficulty.

I am still terrible at the kickout meter! My first match was CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar, and somehow I managed to kick out of several pin attempts before the meter became too small and I missed my one chance to kick out. Punk's rating for resiliency (or whatever it is called in the game) must be high because even after taking a lot of damage, the meter was still pretty big, making it easier for me to get the timing right.
Have you tried them yet, bro?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #52
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Have you tried them yet, bro?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Just played 2 matches.

The Rock (me) vs. Ryback
-I dominated from the start and won after hitting the People's Elbow.

Dean Ambrose (me) vs. The Undertaker
-A good, competitive match. Ambrose got a lot of offense in, but Taker's strikes are so strong. He hit a comeback on me and swung momentum his way. I did get a finisher but of course Undertaker kicked out. I did manage to kick out after a chokeslam, but eventually Taker hit the a Tombstone and got the pinfall.

So, 1-1. Seemed easier to get offense in compared with last night, so I'll have to monitor that. My ineptitude with the kickout meter balances things out though, lol.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #53
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

I just lost a pretty epic match as Sheamus against Yokozuna in a ladder match. I beat Yokozuna around the ring. Put him thru the announcers table, took a few big slams from him. The finisher though was when i chased him up the ladder to hit him with a celtic cross/white noise from the top...but instead i was blocked and took a yokozuna sized big back body drop from the top...i think sheamus suffered punctured lungs/internal bleeding lol

I never got back up...kinda looked dead...fun match though. Lol

*Sheamus got his...HIAC no pinfall or submission. K.O. only. Threw Yoko off the cell, put him thru a table...he came back for more, couple of reversal slams on me, got me back in the ring, backed his big ol butt up on me a couple times. K.O.'d with a Brogue Kick. Eat it Yoko!

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

Last edited by FunkDockta27; 11-30-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I've not had a wrestling game since 08 . I see it this thread about adjusting sliders with numbers I don't see any # to use or you guys just counting each time line moves or am I totally blind?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0
WWE 2K14 Slider Thread.

Counting ticks, usually from left to right, but sometimes off of center.

For kicks I turned down all the reversals (AI settings, general settings set to minimums) to zero and, to no surprise, saw zero counters. However, as soon as I added one tick, I saw a pretty good amount of reversals. I'll have to see more matches but I'm not sure I need more than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Carbine
Counting ticks, usually from left to right, but sometimes off of center.

For kicks I turned down all the reversals (AI settings, general settings set to minimums) to zero and, to no surprise, saw zero counters. However, as soon as I added one tick, I saw a pretty good amount of reversals. I'll have to see more matches but I'm not sure I need more than that.
See, that's the problem I've seen the past couple years. It's as if the DEF attributes don't really mean anything. The reversal sliders seem to wash out those attributes, which is bad because the game should play according to the wrestlers attributes. Now it seems every wrestler is equal on defense, which will not give realistic results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »