Home

New WWE game pin system idea

This is a discussion on New WWE game pin system idea within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
New WWE game pin system idea

WWE pin system idea. If you like this idea, feel free to post into other forums. Just give credit.

The pin system should be revamped, completely. As a WWF/E fan of the last 20 years, i have watched a lot of wrestling and the current system is heavily flawed. It does not represent what you see from a real match, but instead what you would expect from a standard fighting game.

What i suggest is a system that is not based on damage, but one that is based on moves and some momentum. I don't care how much damage i dished to my opponent, I should not be able to win a match using a weak grapple arm-wrench elbow. This system gives the probability out of 100 of which you can kick out of a certain move:

Weak strike: 95
Ground strike: 95
Ground grapple: 75
Chain grapple: 75
Irish whip rebound weak:75
Irish whip rebound hold: 50
Groogy grapple: 50
Top turnbuckle grapple: 50
Ariel attack: 50
Leverage/momentum roll up pins: 25
Foreign object strike/grapple: 25
Signature: 25
Finisher: 5

-Weak and ground strikes shouldn't end a match
-Ground grapples and chain/weak Irish whip grapples shouldn't end the match either, but should have a greater effect than the weak strikes
-High impact moves that are not signatures or finishers should stun an opponent. But like on TV, these moves generally do not put their opponent away.
-Signatures, foreign objects, and momentum roll ups should be fairly difficult to recover from, but not impossible
-Finishers should finish off the match under most circumstances. Those wrestlers that have resiliency and high durability can get a boost to kick out, but most should be out for the count after doing a finisher to them.

I would also like to see the crowd involvement increase in the 3 count as the impact of the move increases. This would make the matches experience more engaging.

Lastly, I would like to see the AI use pins more frequently throughout the match, just like you see on TV. maybe having pins tied into the momentum system will give the cpu and ai and incentive to use them.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 08-06-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: New WWE game pin system idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
WWE pin system idea. If you like this idea, feel free to post into other forums. Just give credit.

The pin system should be revamped, completely. As a WWF/E fan of the last 20 years, i have watched a lot of wrestling and the current system is heavily flawed. It does not represent what you see from a real match, but instead what you would expect from a standard fighting game.

What i suggest is a system that is not based on damage, but one that is based on moves and some momentum. I don't care how much damage i dished to my opponent, I should not be able to win a match using a weak grapple arm-wrench elbow. This system gives the probability out of 100 of which you can kick out of a certain move:

Weak strike: 95
Ground strike: 95
Ground grapple: 75
Chain grapple: 75
Irish whip rebound weak:75
Irish whip rebound hold: 50
Groogy grapple: 50
Top turnbuckle grapple: 50
Ariel attack: 50
Leverage/momentum roll up pins: 25
Foreign object strike/grapple: 25
Signature: 25
Finisher: 5

-Weak and ground strikes shouldn't end a match
-Ground grapples and chain/weak Irish whip grapples shouldn't end the match either, but should have a greater effect than the weak strikes
-High impact moves that are not signatures or finishers should stun an opponent. But like on TV, these moves generally do not put their opponent away.
-Signatures, foreign objects, and momentum roll ups should be fairly difficult to recover from, but not impossible
-Finishers should finish off the match under most circumstances. Those wrestlers that have resiliency and high durability can get a boost to kick out, but most should be out for the count after doing a finisher to them.

I would also like to see the crowd involvement increase in the 3 count as the impact of the move increases. This would make the matches experience more engaging.

Lastly, I would like to see the AI use pins more frequently throughout the match, just like you see on TV. maybe having pins tied into the momentum system will give the cpu and ai and incentive to use them.

I have been thinking of a new kickout AI recently, and this is really similar to mine. My idea was the latest a move is able to be kicked out of for the AI. It would be like yours, but only finishers would be able to get a pinfall victory(or signature/finisher through a table.) Everything else leads to a one to two count, with the stronger the move, the later in the count it gets kicked out of. You may have a strong grapple that gets kicked out at just barely a two count, but maybe later in the match, the same strong grapple would get you a 2.5 count. It really needs changed(as well as submissions, but that's a totally different story)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
I have been thinking of a new kickout AI recently, and this is really similar to mine. My idea was the latest a move is able to be kicked out of for the AI. It would be like yours, but only finishers would be able to get a pinfall victory(or signature/finisher through a table.) Everything else leads to a one to two count, with the stronger the move, the later in the count it gets kicked out of. You may have a strong grapple that gets kicked out at just barely a two count, but maybe later in the match, the same strong grapple would get you a 2.5 count. It really needs changed(as well as submissions, but that's a totally different story)
This would work well, ESPECIALLY if pinning meant more than just going for a victory. Using your idea:

Lets say you hit someone with a strong grapple move and then go for the cover. Within the 2.5 seconds, there will be a mini-game/button mash system. If your opponent wins the mini-game within the time frame, they will be rewarded a boost in health/momentum. If they do not, then you will be rewarded a boost in momentum.

Submissions is a different story. I really think that submissions should not force someone to tap out (unless its a signature/finisher, with the exceptions of submission matches). These moves should be wear down moves and momentum stoppers.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
This would work well, ESPECIALLY if pinning meant more than just going for a victory. Using your idea:

Lets say you hit someone with a strong grapple move and then go for the cover. Within the 2.5 seconds, there will be a mini-game/button mash system. If your opponent wins the mini-game within the time frame, they will be rewarded a boost in health/momentum. If they do not, then you will be rewarded a boost in momentum.

Submissions is a different story. I really think that submissions should not force someone to tap out (unless its a signature/finisher, with the exceptions of submission matches). These moves should be wear down moves and momentum stoppers.
I remember in DoR 2 you could select four different styles of the submission you wanted. You could do a rest hold, which would do low damage, but you won't lose much stamina. I forget the rest, but you had to hit the C-Stick in a certain way to apply the type you wanted. I like the idea that the mini-game thing that could earn you some bonus when you kick out if you get the mini game win.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

To build off that, with us playing as one of the guys, they should let us choose if we want to tap or not. Have a button specifically made for tapping out if you're put in a submission. If your momentum is below a certain amount, the tapping out option will appear. If you don't tap, your momentum will be lowered so much that you won't hardly be able to continue the fight. It would be nice to have a choice in the matter instead of the game making you tap out. Some type of decision making should be used.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
To build off that, with us playing as one of the guys, they should let us choose if we want to tap or not. Have a button specifically made for tapping out if you're put in a submission. If your momentum is below a certain amount, the tapping out option will appear. If you don't tap, your momentum will be lowered so much that you won't hardly be able to continue the fight. It would be nice to have a choice in the matter instead of the game making you tap out. Some type of decision making should be used.
Anything to change the crappy Breaking Point submission system I'm pretty much up for. Breaking Point is so lame, once a body part hits red, it's pretty much over if a submission is put into effect on that body part. It's beyond dumb. Really only Signatures/Finishers should win the match by submission (which remove the AI tapping out to a chin lock because his head is red.) I do think more body parts should be in the game for submission attacks. Ankle Locks shouldn't hurt more if you have been attacking the knee or vice versa. Let alone button mashing shouldn't ever be used for a submission when turbo controllers exist.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with your logic in principal but being a fan of the Fire Pro Wrestling series allows me to understand the idea of "Flash Finishes." (aKa Criticals).

A critical is simply a move that paralyzes the opponent when done. Now there are many factors that play into this but in short, most wrestlers can only critical by doing their Finishers. More technical wrestlers can critical their opponent using technical moves.

Example, Daniel Bryan can finish a match without using the Yes Lock. He can finish with a small package.

Random finishes should be able to happen depending on how technically sound the wrestler being used is. Jericho would have a higher chance of NOT using his finisher to win than Kane would.

I can go more into detail if the convo continues

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »