Home

WWE '13 Universe Mode Thread - How's Your's Going?

This is a discussion on WWE '13 Universe Mode Thread - How's Your's Going? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: WWE '13 Universe Mode Thread - How's Your's Going?

RAW is WAR - Week 2

Match 1 - APA continue their climb up the tag team ranks by defeating the Road Warriors

Match 2 - British Bulldog wants the title of his continent, and defeats X-Pac to earn his shot for the European title.

Match 3 - In what was supposed to be Kane vs Shawn Michaels, HBK ended up defeating the Undertaker. (Read about the incredible match in my previous post. ***** match)

Match 4 - Bret Hart defeats The Rock in a match that everyone would have loved to see, in their primes.

Main Event - After becoming #1 contender for Triple H's WWF title, Stone Cold is forced to team with his enemy against the Tag Team champions, Edge & Christian. Austin started the match, and never tagged out, defeating the champions single handedly. After the match, Edge and Christian seemed to have a bit of a blow up with each other. We'll see how this impacts their title defense in 2 weeks, at Unforgiven, against the APA.

Thursday Smackdown! (Week 2)

Match 1 - Val Venis won his second straight, defeating Gangrel, and is slowly ascending up the ranks for the European and Intercontinental championships.

Match 2 - Bradshaw competed alone this week, defeating Mark Henry in short fashion, to continue the APA's overall hot streak going into their title match with Edge & Christian.

Match 3 - Trish Stratus successfully defended her Women's Championship against Lita, in my first title match of my Universe.

Match 4 - In a "big" match up, Rikishi bested Vader. After the match, Rikishi went to shake Vader's hand, but Vader rudely declined. Hate to use the same pun twice here, but this could become a "big" feud.

Main Event - Intercontinental champion, Ken Shamrock, defeated Chris Jericho in a submission match that lasted nearly 20 minutes. Shockingly, it wasn't an ankle lock that won the match - it was a beautiful sleeper hold that he eventually took to the mat and grapevined Jericho. **** match, that saw Shamrock fight out of the Walls of Jericho twice.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Old 11-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
The big reason I made Smackdown! a minor show is because if I made it a major show, you can't assign the same roster as your Monday show. I wanted to set it up so that both shows used the same roster, and the game would make matches using the same set of wrestlers. Plus, it makes it a little easier to work without a brand split, as Smackdown! doesn't have titles.

Just a personal preference.

While I'm posting - I want to mention a match I just watched on my 2nd week of RAW is War

I saw 2 things happen that I've never seen in a WWE game.

I had a match scheduled between Kane & Shawn Michaels. During Kane's entrance, Undertaker attacked him and would replace him in the match.

HBK & Undertaker put on a CLASSIC. The best match I've ever watched in a video game. The craziest moment happened when Undertaker propped HBK on the turnbuckle for a superplex, but HBK countered by kicking him down. When Undertaker stood up, HBK went for a crossbody from the top rope, but Undertaker caught him and hit a tombstone piledriver. No lie, I said, out loud, "OH ****!" when it happened. Miraculously, HBK kicked out at 2, and the two wrestlers battled for at least another 10 minutes. HBK locked in a sharpshooter, but Undertaker broke it, and went for a chokeslam on HBK, who countered into a quick Sweet Chin Music to pick up the W. (as I've said, I LOVE the ability to choose if you want a Normal match, Quick match, or Epic match.)

Absolute, hands down, ***** star match. Incredible. Can't be happier that the game took over and had Undertaker take out Kane. I can already see possibilities for a feud, too! But, no spoilers..just wait until the next Raw
where do you assign all the current wrestlers so they don't randomly show up on any show or any of the other belts?

thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Bengerman's Universe (Raw is War)

(1) Shane McMahon v Grand Master Sexay

Summary: Shane hit the ground running, landing a shoulder on Grand Master to send him plunging from just outside the ring to the announcers table. Once Grand Master slowly found his way back into the ring, Shane hit him with a signature series of punches and put Grand Master out of his misery early.

Outcome: Shane McMahon wins via pinfall

Match Rating: **

(2) Edge & Christian v The Corporation

Summary: An all out brawl kicked off with a Killswitch from Christian. Just as the match appeared over, Big Boss Man was tagged in, hit a finisher but Christian kicked out at 2! Edge finished off the match with an Edgecution to put the match away.

Outcome: Edge and Christian win via pinfall

Match Rating: ***

(3) Lita v Trish

Summary: It was over before it began, with Lita throwing Trish against the ropes and hitting a match ending neck-breaking for the win.

Outcome: Lita wins via Pinfall

Match Rating: *

(4) Hunter Hurst v Godfather

Summary: It was the first real entertainer of the night, the match was taken to the outside of the ring right from the get go. Lots of heads banging into fences and walls, stomachs meeting hard steel, etc. Things got nasty when Triple H pulled out a chair, hit Godfather, and then hit him with a pedigree as he was disqualified.

Outcome: Godfather wins via DQ

Rating: ***

(Main Event) Undertaker v Cactus Jack v Rock

Summary: How could this one not be fun? It was crazy from the start. Undertaker reversed a Rock Bottom, and then hit Cactus Jack with a Chokeslam that put him out of business for a while. Then, Rock hits Taker with a Spinebuster from behind, and Cactus Jack picks the wrong time to get back up. The Rock hits him with a Rock Bottom, and pins Cactus Jack for the win.

Outcome: The Rock wins via pinfall

Match Rating: ****

Overall Summary: Not the greatest way to kick things off for Raw is War, but the Main Event helped spice up the night a little bit. Next up, Smackdown!

Show Rating: ***
Hey Ben, do you let the computer pick all of your matches week to week, or do you set them up? Just asking because Shane 'O Mac vs. Grand Master Sexay seems like an odd matchup.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Just a quick question. I'm trying to recreate the late 90s and have my universe have Raw is War on Monday as my major show and Smackdown! on Thursday as my minor. The game won't let me delete Friday Night Smackdown because there needs to be at least 1 PPV? There is a PPV though?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. Had to just unaffiliate the PPVs with Friday Night Smackdown.

Last edited by MachoMyers; 11-01-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #21
MVP

Str8Edge4Life's Arena

OVR: 22

Finally got my Universe to my liking.

RAW
Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
Chris Jericho (IC Champion)
Christian
Edge
The Great Khali
Jack Swagger
JBL
John Cena (WWE Champion)
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
The Miz
Primo
Randy Orton
The Rock
Sheamus
Triple H

SMACKDOWN
CM Punk (World Heavyweight Champion)
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan (World Tag Team Champion)
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Epico
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jinder Mahal
Justin Gabriel
Kane (World Tag Team Champion)
Kevin Nash
R-Truth
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Sin Cara
Ted DiBiase
The Undertaker
Wade Barrett (US Champion)
Zack Ryder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #22
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Hey Ben, do you let the computer pick all of your matches week to week, or do you set them up? Just asking because Shane 'O Mac vs. Grand Master Sexay seems like an odd matchup.
Indeed it was! I actually have done something the last two years that I rather enjoy. I assume the position of GM for Monday Night Raw, and then let the CPU play out the other two shows (I'll occasionally switch it up, however, if I want to try and push a feud in the right direction).

For me, this gives me both a sense of control over my Universe as well as a "anything can happen" kind of feel.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 11-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #23
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey guys Ive really enjoyed reading about your all hour Universe, they sound awesome, Im hoping to get the game tomorrow and cant wait to wirte updates on my Universe.

Ive been planning pretty much how I want it, RAW on Mondays & SMACKDOWN on Thursdays. Im gonna mix the Attitude guys with present, my main goal is to get away from the PG ERA haha... Im gonna use a mix of my favorite Attitude Era & Present PPV's, & SMACKDOWN will be the Oval shaped one I think '99 if I remember right.

With the Superstars, Im gonna use present Rock personal preferance, use Attitude Edge, Undertaker, Kane... Still unsure what Superstars will be on which show, and I know Im gonna use the World Heavyweight Championship but which show? And I dont know what title to use for the other I was thinking the Attidue Era Title would be good to compliment the World Heavyweight Championship on the other show and down the road can combine Titles maybe like when they were used together as the Undisputed Champion Belts, there is just so many choices haha
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #24
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
where do you assign all the current wrestlers so they don't randomly show up on any show or any of the other belts?

thanks
Just assign them to Inactive. As for belts, just vacate all of them, except the ones you want to use.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »