Home

All-Time Wrestling Draft Results and Discussion (Poll Included)

This is a discussion on All-Time Wrestling Draft Results and Discussion (Poll Included) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Who Has The Best Federation?
Where Wrestling Matters (OSUFan88) 2 10.53%
Fully Loaded Wrestling (55) 0 0%
The15hunter 9 47.37%
Stormb11 4 21.05%
Matrix Wrestling Federation (TheMatrix31) 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: All-Time Wrestling Draft Results and Discussion (Poll Included)

Good stuff, guys. By the time I saw the PM invite, the draft was already underway.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #18
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: all-time wrestling draft results...

I would love to open up the discussion of which matches that we listed would you most love to see?

For example, I love The Matrix's Taz vs Mr. Perfect match. I would love to have seen that one go down in real life. Same with the Edge vs Macho Man.

and OSU's Jericho vs Bret Hart Iron Man match. Instant classic, in my opinion.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The15thunter
fair enough, i will remove them from my tag division.
Even with the loss of that tag team, yours is still a very sound brand.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #20
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Here’s my quick breakdown on each company… and again these are just MY thoughts from my limited perspective.

OSUFan_88
Your roster is littered with people who cannot cut a promo to save their lives. Aside from Jericho, who is that wrestler that is going to cut a great promo to make the fans care. If two wrestlers have a 5 star match and no one is there to watch it, does it exist? This is all the more concerning with the fact that you had the #1 overall pick and took the man who was the “face of the WWE” during their biggest economic downturn. I see this as a niche federation like TNA or ROH and in an All-time draft you are looking for something to put WWE to shame. I feel as if you went with your heart instead of your head but to your credit, you knew the criticism would be coming, know exactly what it is you want in your company and went out and got a roster to reflect that. I simply feel many of the guys you wanted could have been had later due to them not being as big of draws as other guys.

This is by far one of the deepest rosters out there. You had some really good picks at each draft spot. Sting in the second round was an amazing pickup and can be a huge draw for you. However, I don’t see Sting and Flair being enough to bring in the masses over some of the other brands (Didn’t work for WCW). However, you make up for it in depth. What I like about your draft is that you went with more versatile guys. Workers are a dime a dozen, but you also have guys who can cut promos just as well (Flair, DiBiase, Eddie, Jake, Foley). The biggest complaint I would have would be casting too wide a net. Trying to be something for everyone can be great, but you can lose yourself in the process. I appreciate the ambition by going old-school, new school, hardcore, high flying, technical, smarky, marky, international, national, etc. but like I said, too wide a net can often lead to a lost identity. The mission statement didn’t help because it didn’t give me a feel of what you’re about other than “we’re the best and have something for everyone”. To your credit you did get a lot of old school steals.

The15thunter
You have the strongest top of the card bar-none. I also believe you have the strongest tag division littered with real tag teams (SMART move taking Animal early, making Hawk worthless, then snagging him in the bonus round essentially getting a 2 for 1). The fact that you managed to pull both Hogan and Austin is outstanding. Easily the top two draws in the draft. Then you have three of the greatest technicians in Angle, Benoit, and Lesnar. All three of which can feud for an eternity (or until Benoit snaps… then I hope you have a good lawyer). I appreciate the business model and you have a roster that looks like it could gel. My only complaint is that beyond the main-eventers and tag teams, the undercard looks a bit weak compared to some of your peers.

st0rmb11
The first thing I looked for in the draft is to see where HBK went, and I was shocked to see he fell to #4. Shawn isn’t my favorite wrestler ever, but I don’t deny that he is the best combination of ring and mic skills ever. Your roster is filled with workers who can flat out entertain. DX, Punk, Booker, Christian, etc. You also have an in-his-prime Goldberg which was a nice touch. I also love your mission statement in that you gave a feel for what you’re about. The biggest problem is the bottom half of your roster is filled with guys I really don’t care about, prime or not (Kofi, Regal, Rikishi, Holly, Test, Abyss, etc.). A few of these guys are good, but too many in an all-time draft didn’t do much for me. I do appreciate your inclusion of the women though.

TheMatrix31
This is where my bias comes in, because I think we have similar tastes when it comes to wrestling, but I am a fan of this roster throughout. I like your idea of going with versatility and grabbing dynamic personalities who can thrive as a face or a heel. Overall, this is a very deep, versatile roster. You have my favorite undercard with guys like Perfect, Miz, Del Rio, Bulldog, Giant, Shamrock, etc. Your main event is weaker compared to the star power of your contemporaries, but it’s versatile and deep enough that you are set up for the long haul. You might not have Hogan and Austin feuding for an eternity, but you have Warrior, Edge, Cena, Rock, Savage, etc. and a bevy of mid-carders who can (and have) easily transition up. A lack of tag teams is a glaring weakness in your roster though and is a major oversight.

This is hard, but in order I’d have to go…

1. TheMatrix31
2. 55
3. The15thunter
4. st0rmb11
5. OSUFan_88

I am shocked no one picked up Andre the Giant. Hunter could have gotten him in the last round just to recreate Hogan-Andre. I am not shocked that that Adam guy who does all the video work for WWE wasn't selected as an "extra", but he should have been. His work is so unbelievably underrated in hyping PPV's returns, retirements, whatever.

Last edited by Streets; 12-07-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

andre wasn't an option because he debuted before 1970.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #22
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The15thunter
andre wasn't an option because he debuted before 1970.
Oooh, forgot that rule.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #23
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Like I said, Streets, that's why I went out and got some of the best managers. BTW, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall were not bad at promos. Bret got better with age/the end of his WWE run and I did take guys like Goldust and Cody Rhodes for some more character/promo guys.

But i understand, looking at the other organizations, no one is going to look at my roster and be wow'd by story lines. But I'll have 5* classics every night. And that's not something that will appeal to you.

Again, my entire federation is a mix between ROH style and early 90's WWE.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #24
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Here’s my quick breakdown on each company… and again these are just MY thoughts from my limited perspective.

st0rmb11
The first thing I looked for in the draft is to see where HBK went, and I was shocked to see he fell to #4. Shawn isn’t my favorite wrestler ever, but I don’t deny that he is the best combination of ring and mic skills ever. Your roster is filled with workers who can flat out entertain. DX, Punk, Booker, Christian, etc. You also have an in-his-prime Goldberg which was a nice touch. I also love your mission statement in that you gave a feel for what you’re about. The biggest problem is the bottom half of your roster is filled with guys I really don’t care about, prime or not (Kofi, Regal, Rikishi, Holly, Test, Abyss, etc.). A few of these guys are good, but too many in an all-time draft didn’t do much for me. I do appreciate your inclusion of the women though.
Regal & Holly provide incredible work rate. I could send them out there every night, if needed. And I think you're sleeping on Regal's in ring ability and capability of putting on a great match. I got Kofi for the countless matches I can put him in with ECW era RVD, A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, CM Punk, etc. He gives me just another super athlete that can add to my already loaded "X-Division". I got Abyss for the "monster" factor. Rikishi was a huge fan favorite during the early years of the era that I got him during, but I also got his uber heel years, as well. I got Test for one reason, really. His years overlap with Triple H's, so I can recreate their feud. I had planned on taking Stephanie McMahon, but missed out on her. That would have made the Test pick look a lot better, I believe. Not sure what other guys you include in the "bottom half" of my roster, but every person I drafted was for a reason. You need "bottom level" guys in your organization - if you have 25 guys that are all "top tier" guys, you lose the ability to enhance talent, and you have no happiness in the locker room with that many "main eventers"

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »