Home

WrestleMania XXVIII

This is a discussion on WrestleMania XXVIII within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #25
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WrestleMania XXVIII

I really do like that idea of legends vs. newcomers. Imagine two factions, HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Rock, Austin, Jericho, Edge, Mysterio vs. Miz, Cena, Orton, Morrison, Punk, Rhodes, Sin Cara, Del Rio. There could be some solid angles coming out of that and most that would have never been done before.

Most of the legends are already pretty good faces and most of the newcomers have good heel experience so for me it seems like a great idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #26
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Interesting idea.

This fun part in all this is trying to figure out who's gonna be in the WWE title match next year, I don't see Cena being the champ at WM(He will win it once tho and lose it at RR or something imo). I don't see HHH being involved either unless it's for one last ride as champ or just to put on a great match.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #27
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyevan
wrestlemania 28 is on april fool days that, rock vs cena match is a early april fools joke , in my opinion
You don't have to post that thought here AND in another thread, dude.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #28
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

If the WWE could get Rock to commit to a few PPV and/or RAW appearances throughout the year, a good storyline for the year long feud would be having Cena win the title now, and the Rock doing a promo about how he is going to take the title from Cena at WM28.

So throughout the year Cena defends the title at PPVs, and Rock interferes a few times throughout the year when it looks like Cena is going to lose the belt to ensure Cena remains champion. Then at WM they have their match for the title.

That way, Cena can have other feuds throughout the year, but the feud with Rock would still be in everyone's mind.

Of course, you'd have to get Rock to commit to 6 or 7 shows throughout the year, and I don't see that happening.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #29
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

So does Cena saying that their match at WM 28 will be for the WWE Title pretty much cement that in stone?

And how does that bode for the rest of the year, knowing that whoever has the title is going to eventually lose it to either Rock (unlikely) or Cena?

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #30
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
So does Cena saying that their match at WM 28 will be for the WWE Title pretty much cement that in stone?

And how does that bode for the rest of the year, knowing that whoever has the title is going to eventually lose it to either Rock (unlikely) or Cena?
Not even close. Remember the Royal Rumble winner gets to pick who to face and they'd still have to get through the EC. It's just an excuse to keep the Cena/Miz thing going I think.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #31
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

I know it's being posted everywhere else, but I figured it's appropriate since it's part of the year-long build-up....

Quote:
Cena responded to The Rock on Wednesday afternoon with the following statement on Twitter:

"CeNation. Just saw Dwayne's statement. Via satellite of course. Sad, really. It was like an episode of mad money."

"I wonder if GLAAD will be offended by Dwayne's comments."

"Either way..looks like I have really made him mad. But, certainly not mad enough to show up and do anything. Maybe he can send a stuntman."

"Dwayne. I am a WWE employee, and a proud one. The difference between us is you left for 'greener pastures'. For me...this is what I love."

"I have never begged for anyones admiration or acceptance, u don't believe me..watch MITB. Its not about that. Its about showing up."

Id rather wrestle a thousand 'punks' than one 'rock'. Because I can see his passion. Wish I could see yours...yer just never there.

"Until april 1st. Keep on bringing it my man. You're doing great. Your friend John Cena"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #32
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Matches updated, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »