Home

Old 02-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #81
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30
Re: WWE: NXT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
Do you think he was better off going to TNA?
I don't know if I'd go that far.

He's already been booked better on NXT than he ever would have been in TNA.

He's wrestling in front of thousands of people 2-3 times a week rather than a few hundred in the iMPACT Zone

He's probably getting a nicer paycheck than he would have in TNA.

He may have had more longterm success in TNA and may have been more entertaining, but with TNA's booking, that's not even guaranteed. He'd only get pushed until the next WWE star was released for TNA to sign. And seeing as TNA really isn't that popular(ECW-level ratings), I don't know if it would really be that big of a step up from his Indy/Japan success.

Personally, I'm happy for Danielson and hope he becomes a 22 time World Champ. He's an awesome talent and is getting a chance to show it in the mainstream. I just have a bad feeling that Vince isn't going to buy into him, and he's going to get lost in the shuffle fast. I hope I'm wrong.

He wasn't bad tonight, it just seemed obvious that he was a bit nervous. It is kinda a big jump for a guy to go from the indy scene to being the focus on a brand new television show run by the biggest wrestling company in the world. I think he'll get better as the weeks go on, as long as Vince gives him the chance.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #82
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Thoughts:

- Great first episode.

- They need to explain how you 'win' this show. So far it just seems like another WWE show, and not a 'competition' as they hyped it.

- Striker looked like he was going to make Brian cry backstage after his first promo.

- First I've seen of Bryan outside of some ROH video. I liked him... but... but... he needs to get rid of his nervous smile. Now. Hopefully it was first show nerves.

- Cole and Matthews were hilarious on commentary. Get him Josh!

- Could have done without the new, lower level camera angle. It certainly gives the show a fresh look... but I'm not a fan.

Thoughts on the characters:

- Tarver: Loved his look, and loved his promo. He seems to have 'it'. Wasn't too impressed with his in-ring work... but I think he certainly has potential.

- Slater: Just no. I didn't connect to this guy at all. I felt like he was interchangeable with tons of guys that have been on WWE in the past.

- Young: Absolutely hilarious. His pairing with Punk was one of the funniest segments I've seen in WWE in a long time. Need to see his character to see what he's all about.

- Otunga: How can you not be impressed by this guy? His charisma was off the charts. His wrestling? Not so much. I'll definitely give him some time to grow in the ring. I really liked him.

- Barrett: My favorite going into the show... and nothing changed. This man is a walking, talking, wrestling promo waiting to happen. I hope he can go in the ring just a bit... because if he can, look out, he could be a big time star.

- Bryan: I'm wishy-washy on him. First things first, I had no clue he was so small. Jericho towered over him... and Jericho is small for WWE standards. I liked what I saw of him in the ring... but man... please lose the smile. It was creepy and I didn't find him entertaining or convincing while he was speaking.

- Sheffield: N/A... didn't make it on the show.

- Gabriel: N/A... didn't make it on the show.

My NXT rookie ratings so far:

1. Barrett
2. Bryan
3. Otunga
4. Tarver
5. Young
6. Slater
7. Sheffield (N/A)
8. Gabriel (N/A)

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.

Last edited by Lintyfresh85; 02-24-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #83
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
- Brian: I'm wishy-washy on him. First things first, I had no clue he was so small. Jericho towered over him... and Jericho is small for WWE standards. I liked what I saw of him in the ring... but man... please lose the smile. It was creepy and I didn't find him entertaining or convincing while he was speaking.
I'm surprised they didn't give him more lift in his boots. He's actually about the same height as Jericho, but Jericho's boots give him another 2-3 inches.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #84

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Bryan's billed height is 5'10", he looked more like 5'8" or 5'9".

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:32 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 7

Really liked this first show, it's a very cool concept IMO.

I still can't stop laughing when I think about CM Punk's promo/facial reactions towards Young.

"Why am I on this show?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 AM   #86
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

1. WWE has been putting out crap lately, but this was great. I'll be watching every week.

2. Bryan hitting that table reminded me of when Shawn got his back injury. Hopefully not as serious.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #87
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Thought the show was genius. Knew the pairing of The Miz and Danielson would be pure gold, and was 100% right on that. Played up the Danielson is the vet, but Miz has the charisma angle nicely. They can play that out for a long time, especially after Striker's comments to Danielson.

Love the set up, love the idea of the show. I think WWE hit this one out of the park. The nice thing is, once these guys "grow up" to the big show, another new, young guy can get his shot.

And I absolutely believe Danielson did the smart move going to WWE over TNA here. He was already seen by more people than he would have on TNA. Not a slap to TNA, just the pure facts of how the 2 companies are laid out. With NXT, these young guys get a weekly show to strut their stuff. Gotta wonder what Nigel McGuinness is thinking about this show now.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #88
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
Thoughts:

- Great first episode.

- They need to explain how you 'win' this show. So far it just seems like another WWE show, and not a 'competition' as they hyped it.

- Striker looked like he was going to make Brian cry backstage after his first promo.

- First I've seen of Bryan outside of some ROH video. I liked him... but... but... he needs to get rid of his nervous smile. Now. Hopefully it was first show nerves.

- Cole and Matthews were hilarious on commentary. Get him Josh!

- Could have done without the new, lower level camera angle. It certainly gives the show a fresh look... but I'm not a fan.

Thoughts on the characters:

- Tarver: Loved his look, and loved his promo. He seems to have 'it'. Wasn't too impressed with his in-ring work... but I think he certainly has potential.

- Slater: Just no. I didn't connect to this guy at all. I felt like he was interchangeable with tons of guys that have been on WWE in the past.

- Young: Absolutely hilarious. His pairing with Punk was one of the funniest segments I've seen in WWE in a long time. Need to see his character to see what he's all about.

- Otunga: How can you not be impressed by this guy? His charisma was off the charts. His wrestling? Not so much. I'll definitely give him some time to grow in the ring. I really liked him.

- Barrett: My favorite going into the show... and nothing changed. This man is a walking, talking, wrestling promo waiting to happen. I hope he can go in the ring just a bit... because if he can, look out, he could be a big time star.

- Bryan: I'm wishy-washy on him. First things first, I had no clue he was so small. Jericho towered over him... and Jericho is small for WWE standards. I liked what I saw of him in the ring... but man... please lose the smile. It was creepy and I didn't find him entertaining or convincing while he was speaking.

- Sheffield: N/A... didn't make it on the show.

- Gabriel: N/A... didn't make it on the show.

My NXT rookie ratings so far:

1. Barrett
2. Bryan
3. Otunga
4. Tarver
5. Young
6. Slater
7. Sheffield (N/A)
8. Gabriel (N/A)
100% agree with everything you said, except I'd slip Danielson down to #4.

Wade Barret was FANTASTIC, I came away VERY impressed with him.

Going in, I hadn't seen or even heard of anyone on this show. Well, I heard of Danielson, but never seen him. Horribly unimpressive, sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »