Home

The E is clueless

This is a discussion on The E is clueless within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
The E is clueless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“There were a lot of people on the ECW brand last night who were stunned to see CM Punk jobbing clean to a midcarder like Hardcore Holly on ECW last night. The story from what I’ve been told is that this has stemmed back all the way from December To Dismember. When Heyman was still helping book the show, he wanted CM Punk to be the one to choke out Big Show with the Anaconda Vice early on, and shock everyone watching. According to those who were there, Arn Anderson and Finlay both stepped in and made sure that didn’t happen. I was told that Arn had said that Punk isn’t over and that his finisher isn’t over and that he should not be the one to take out Big Show. They went to Vince with this, and of course Vince sided with the big monstrous guy in Lashley. From that point on, Finlay and Arn have not exactly been pulling for Punk so to speak. Lagana doesn’t want to mix it up with the agents like Heyman would have, so he just goes with flow. The interesting thing I’ve heard is that initially CM Punk was supposed to lose via screw job last night by Holly with his feet on the ropes or with a ref bump. The finish was instead changed to what you saw. It’s been long said that Stephanie McMahon doesn’t see value in CM Punk for what ever reason. So basically as it stands, Punk doesn’t exactly have friends in WWE. While there are people in the company who say that Holly is a good man and that he’s been in the company for a long while, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a midcarder, always has been and always will be. And that guy ended the winning streak of someone supposedly not over while the fans were chanting his name during the match. And people from Raw and Smackdown did notice the difference in how the undefeated wrestler on Raw was booked, and how the undefeated wrestler on ECW was booked. Unbelievable, that’s all I can tell you.”

-PWI Hotline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Pro

Re: The E is clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1StUnA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Punk is currently in the doghouse, probably as he disagreed with the layout of the Elimination Chamber match with Arn Anderson and Michael Heyes who were the producers for it. For this weeks ECW TV Dave Lagana had written that Punk should get Holly in the vice and Holly should turn over, grab a rope and pin Punk. In the production meeting when the TV was being put together the whole room turned on Punk when Lagana told them his idea. Arn Anderson especially was against him, saying the Holly should make Punk pay his dues as he's just "Heyman' guy" and not any good so Holly shouldn't need to cheat to pin him. Anderson also said Punk was only over because Heyman fluked it and shouldn't be happening. Punk was personally told by Anderson that "after 14 years on being on WWE televison, Holly is the bigger star" as an explanation why the heel should pin the babyface clean. The actual finish was came up by Finlay.

Vince has also suggest Punk should turn heel, saying "This straight edge stuff shows me he thinks he's better than everyone else." The funny thing is Vince has no idea that Punk's catchphrase when he first came into ROH as a heel was "Straight edge means I'm better than you!".

Old 01-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
Pro

nm
Old 01-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 20

PWInsider?

**** them.

Of course Punk wasn't over enough to beat Big Show, and they have the nerve to doubt Arn Anderson and Finlay? Three guys who are ROH ballwashers making comments like this doesn't suprise me.

And maybe the undefeated wrestler on Raw was booked differently because, I don't know...HIS GIMMICK WAS THAT HE WAS AN UNDEFEATED MONSTER.

Those three need to just report news and stop acting they know anything about booking. If they did, Mike Johnson and not Gabe Sapolosky would be the "new Heyman".
Old 01-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
All Star

Read the second post. That Vince part is great. I guess Vince isn't that out of touch as we think he is, eh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I'm sorry...but when CM Punk is getting more cheers than DX at a WWE PPV...he's over enough to beat anyone in "ECW'. Period. End of story.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I'm sorry...but when CM Punk is getting more cheers than DX at a WWE PPV...he's over enough to beat anyone in "ECW'. Period. End of story.
That would be true...IF it happened.

Punk was over huge that night, but he didn't get a louder pop than dX.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggidyJames
That would be true...IF it happened.

Punk was over huge that night, but he didn't get a louder pop than dX.
There's a difference between a louder "pop" and being cheered for just as much if not more than DX.

No one out pops DX when their music hits and they come down...but Punk was getting just as many, and just as loud, cheers while he was in the match as DX was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »