Home

Any news on the "bombshell" for RAW tonight?

This is a discussion on Any news on the "bombshell" for RAW tonight? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-20-2003, 07:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
Any news on the \"bombshell\" for RAW tonight?

I have a feeling it will be something stupid along the lines of a ceremony for HHH for regaining the title. I don't expect it to be huge, but if they pull in someone huge like Austin or Rock, it will certainly freshen things up and catch my attention. Your thoughts on what might happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Any news on the \"bombshell\" for RAW tonight?

Considering what the WWE has done lately, it will probably just be a rematch of Steiner and Triple H from last night (can they release Steiner NOW!!)

I better be wrong though, cuz if I'm not, no more WWE for me

What I'm hoping for, is Austin coming back. Bishoff announcing Austin returns to Raw at No Way Out. Then on Smackdown, Austin shows up on Smackdown, with Stephanie seeminly stealing him from Raw but he announces that at NWO he will decide which show he will be on. Then at NWO when he decides, the GM that doesn't get him says, its ok because...and then The Rock comes out. That would bring some excitement to the WWE, even though I'm not exactly a fan of The Rock.

Though now that I think about it, maybe that wouldn't work, if Rock is coming back as a Heel.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:53 PM   #3
Banned

I agree. If they can't pull off something huge VERY soon, I am done with WWE. They have screwed the fans over so INCREDIBLY bad lately it's not even funny. They could care less if they put on a good show or not.

Regarding Steiner, I agree with that as well. Please release him. His good days are long gone, and he even registered boo's from the crowd last night during his match. I knew the match would be bad before it started. I have a feeling Vince loves jacking off to the larger guys (Albert anyone?), and it's terrible how he holds down the superior talent. Give me the combo of any two guys out of Benoit, Angle, Guerrero, Edge, and Mysterio over the old, fat lugs who couldn't carry a match if their life depended on it. It's sad how badly good talent is held down as of late.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

I thought the match would be bad, as HHH isn't the greatest wrestler anymore, and Steiner had been dissapointing at House shows, but that was worse than I could imagine. Steiner couldn't even stand up, had to be the worst match of the last year, not just counting ppvs
Old 01-20-2003, 08:04 PM   #5
Banned

Gotta agree with ya there. All the reports before the PPV said that Steiner was terrible in the ring at house shows, and even got boo'ed during those.

Everyone thinks he is in good shape, but he really isn't in good cardiovascular shape. He may be huge, but I doubt he hits the stairs on occasion. Not to mention he is fairly old, not too old, but it is starting to show. He is only a shadow of his former self.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2003, 10:31 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

The bombshell was Austin being invited to No Way Out for those that didn't see it and were interested.

A lot better move business wise to get the word out for an Austin return instead of having him show up at the tenth anniversary last week with no buildup.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #7
Banned

They just want people to buy the PPV. I would have brought him out last night and be a "free agent". Then you get people tuning into BOTH shows as well as buying the PPV.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

Quote:

What I'm hoping for, is Austin coming back. Bishoff announcing Austin returns to Raw at No Way Out. Then on Smackdown, Austin shows up on Smackdown, with Stephanie seeminly stealing him from Raw but he announces that at NWO he will decide which show he will be on. Then at NWO when he decides, the GM that doesn't get him says, its ok because...and then The Rock comes out. That would bring some excitement to the WWE, even though I'm not exactly a fan of The Rock.

Haha my vision is working out so far.

But yea, it isn't much of a bombshell considering every website on the net, and even JR have been saying Austin will be back in time for Wrestlemania, but I guess to the "casual" fans its good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »