Home

AEW Worlds End 12/30/23

This is a discussion on AEW Worlds End 12/30/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2023, 12:47 AM   #17

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AEW Worlds End 12/30/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I remember when everyone said Miro and Andrade were going to be so much better leaving WWE. Now it seems that bkth just ended up in the same place they were in at WWE. Miro started off so well with that TNT Championship reign but fell flat afterwards.
In Miro's case, he was massively over with the "Rusev Day" thing, but Vince refused to give the people what they clearly and loudly wanted. Going anywhere would have been a step up from that level of blindness and misuse.

WWE has become the "grass is greener on that other side" that AEW was. Seen as somehow fresh and new, and AEW being seen as played out. I think that outlook is ignorant AF, but that's social media for ya.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:56 AM   #18

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

One of the people everyone suspected from the start was the devil all along?

It probably dragged on longer simply because of Coles injury I imagine (if they exaggerated his injury, they probably would've had him reveal tonight he's fine). The thing that really finalized Cole as the devil was when they did the hype video for the match and I forgot Cole was the reason Joe got this match to begin with (he convinced Max to honour his word to Joe). So with Joe revealed to have been working with the devil, that made sense. And then Coles overall appearance tonight, the all black and everything, that just felt like a "he's gonna turn heel and standing in the middle of the ring as the show closed" type of look.

But that was a weird ending. Definitely looked like his hand wasn't supposed to drop that final time because the ref let it drop, then waited a few seconds before calling for the bell. Even fans didn't know what was going on.

Don't know if The Kingdom and Wardlow being behind Cole is a strong enough faction to be the main thing on AEW. Just feels like the Pinnacle where their formation and original goal is the only reason for their existence and that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
In Miro's case, he was massively over with the "Rusev Day" thing, but Vince refused to give the people what they clearly and loudly wanted. Going anywhere would have been a step up from that level of blindness and misuse.

WWE has become the "grass is greener on that other side" that AEW was. Seen as somehow fresh and new, and AEW being seen as played out. I think that outlook is ignorant AF, but that's social media for ya.
Vince being ousted was the worst thing to happen to AEW.

Many of those talent who preferred AEW over WWE mainly did so because they weren't Vince.

Last edited by Majingir; 12-31-2023 at 01:00 AM.
Old 12-31-2023, 09:44 AM   #19
All Star

AEW sure is something right now.

Rusev would have been 1000% better off staying in WWE. Monster heel characters always have roller coaster careers for the most part because they can’t be kept unbeatable forever. They would have eventually rotated Rusev back to the top especially once HHH took over.

Andradae I’m not as sure. I feel like Escobar and Nakamura are doing what they could have done with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-31-2023, 11:12 AM   #20

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
AEW sure is something right now.

Rusev would have been 1000% better off staying in WWE. Monster heel characters always have roller coaster careers for the most part because they can’t be kept unbeatable forever. They would have eventually rotated Rusev back to the top especially once HHH took over.

Andradae I’m not as sure. I feel like Escobar and Nakamura are doing what they could have done with him.

Rusev would've been better off in WWE....by 2022. Something you couldn't predict when he left.

Look how bad the League of Nations was, how horrible the Lana/Lashley story was among other things. No reason to think he would've improved.

But seeing how Lashley bounced back after and a guy like Sheamus went from someone fans were tired of into someone they now like again, I think Rusev would've turned the corner eventually too with the right booking.

But would we also see Lana/CJ back too? HHH is much higher on managers than Vince was, so perhaps she'd have an actual role again instead of Nia Jax table spot of the week.
Old 12-31-2023, 03:48 PM   #21
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7

I didn't know what the hell Tony Khan was wearing at that scrum from the photos. Turns out it was Toni Storm's hat.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2023, 06:19 PM   #22

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmetalhead
I didn't know what the hell Tony Khan was wearing at that scrum from the photos. Turns out it was Toni Storm's hat.

I saw a thumbnail of Tony with the hat and glasses and Toni Storm was there so I figured she made him put it on for her appearance. Turns out he wore that the entire time?
Old 01-01-2024, 09:40 AM   #23
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Rusev would've been better off in WWE....by 2022. Something you couldn't predict when he left.

Look how bad the League of Nations was, how horrible the Lana/Lashley story was among other things. No reason to think he would've improved.

But seeing how Lashley bounced back after and a guy like Sheamus went from someone fans were tired of into someone they now like again, I think Rusev would've turned the corner eventually too with the right booking.

But would we also see Lana/CJ back too? HHH is much higher on managers than Vince was, so perhaps she'd have an actual role again instead of Nia Jax table spot of the week.

Lots of guys have terrible storylines and drop offs. If he stayed he would have always been a decent mid card guy that had enough credibility to get pushed up from time to time. Rusev was is talented and had enough charisma to push himself through the bad stuff. You didn’t need to know one day HHH would turn things around to know Rusev would have turned things around at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »