Home

WWE Crown Jewel 11/4/23

This is a discussion on WWE Crown Jewel 11/4/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2023, 02:51 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
WWE Crown Jewel 11/4/23

World Heavyweight Championship
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns w/ Paul Heyman vs. LA Knight

Fatal 5 Way Womens World Championship
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Nia Jax vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Zoey Stark

United States Championship
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Logan Paul

Singles Match
Cody Rhodes vs. Damian Priest

Womens Championship
Iyo Sky (c) w/ Damage CTRL vs. Bianca Belair

Singles Match
John Cena vs. Solo Sikoa w/ Paul Heyman

Singles Match
Sami Zayn vs JD McDonagh

Last edited by Majingir; 11-04-2023 at 08:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2023, 08:41 AM   #2
Rookie

Kayla's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: WWE Crown Jewel 11/4/23

Really looking forward to the match Rey Mysterio vs Logan Paul for the United States Championship.
Old 11-04-2023, 02:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WWE Crown Jewel 11/4/23

Nice looking chokeslam by Cena
Old 11-04-2023, 06:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I like Reigns and the Bloodline, but it’s time for a new finish besides Bloodline interferes then Reigns hits a spear for the win
Old 11-04-2023, 07:31 PM   #5

Majingir's Arena

(Now watching)

Interesting to see WHC open the show.

And Byron as the ring announcer? Mike Rome missed the double SD taping and now isn't here either, wonder what's up. Though Byron as the ring announcer didn't sound out of place.

They really did 4 diff camera cuts during McIntyres Ronaldo celebration and none of those cuts showed the actual taunt...

Raquel really tried doing her traps taunt in her entrance while wearing a full bodysuit so it just came off even more awkward and pointless than usual.

It's funny billing Cenas 5 year "losing streak in televised singles matches" as such when he's had maybe 3 (now 4) matches that qualify under that.

They definitely had that Miz TV segment planned with Ronaldo in mind. I could've seen Waller bringing out Ronaldo as his guest (and claims he paid lots of money he got from all those monetized online hits for Ronaldo to show up) just for Ronaldo to turn on Waller and side with Ibrahim and Miz.

Logan Paul always has no business being as good as he is in the ring. It's a shame he's not full time. I'm ready to see him hold that title until the Rumble, maybe drop to LA Knight?

Kairi Sane is back! Bayley had no idea she was gonna be there, but Iyo didn't seem surprised....and nice tie in to this too, Bayley was the reason Kairi left WWE in the first place (kayfabe wise). Iyo ready to drop Bayley any moment? Wargames with Damage CTRL + Kairi?

Random thing to point out, but I loved the lighting for this show. The introduction for the main event match looked cool.

This PLE went exactly how I thought it would, both good and bad.

Last edited by Majingir; 11-04-2023 at 11:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2023, 12:43 AM   #6
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

- Rollins & Drew was as good as I thought it would be, Damien trying to cash in only to be prevented by Sami Zayn was good. The major improvement under Triple H was the storytelling with everything seeming to tie in to why things happen.

- The Women's Title match was fine, Mami remains on top and I see this same match taking place at the Elimination Chamber match with the addition of one more person.

- I get Cena putting over the younger talent but seeing what happen to Theory, is creative really going to go in on Solo and build him up after beating the Greatest of All Time?

- Really entertaining segment with the Miz TV/Grayson Waller Effect crossover. The ongoing storyline of Miz being disrespected has me intrigued in seeing where this goes and if they will successfully make him a face better than the previous times they tried.

- You guys know I don't like Logan Paul, probably more so because he is a terrible human being but he certainly was born to be a WWE Superstar. The way he has taken to it, the effort he has put in to be fully on board and go all in with every match he has had, I may never like him but fully the hustle he has for this. Kinda wish Dom played a role in this and cost his deadbeat Father the title as the pairing of Dom & Logan is a heat magnet.

- Iyo and Bianca was good, obviously we knew Bayley would get involved but the return of Kairi Sane was a nice surprise. The fact Bayley had no idea about it and seemed surprised to see her while Iyo didn't, makes me wonder if a double turn is coming and we will see everyone's favorite Hugger return next year.

- Cody vs Damien did it's job, furthering the set up for the now confirmed War Games. Cole asking what's next for Cody, what chapter are we in, etc. Cody mentioned before that we aren't in the third inning anymore a reference to what Heyman said after Wrestlemania. You all think we could get Cody/Roman II sooner?

- We all knew Roman would win but I do agree about the Bloodline constantly getting involved. Dude has been champion for over 1,000 days but yet how much help has he had to retain the title? Him going over LA Knight clean wouldn't have hurt Knight, so I don't see why they needed to protect him. Would be nice to give him some clean wins heading into the match with Cody whether at Wrestlemania or perhaps sooner.
Old 11-05-2023, 04:06 PM   #7

Majingir's Arena

Overall seems like people saying this was the worst PLE of the year.

Fastlane and Crown Jewel both were underwhelming. At least Crown Jewel had the "spectacle" feel with the venue and lighting vs Fastlane that was just a weekend Raw/SD feel.

As expected though, this time of the year is typically underwhelming until Survivor Series happens, then December is just another dead spot through the holidays before Rumble season kicks off in the new year.
Old 11-08-2023, 01:22 PM   #8
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Overall seems like people saying this was the worst PLE of the year.

Fastlane and Crown Jewel both were underwhelming. At least Crown Jewel had the "spectacle" feel with the venue and lighting vs Fastlane that was just a weekend Raw/SD feel.

As expected though, this time of the year is typically underwhelming until Survivor Series happens, then December is just another dead spot through the holidays before Rumble season kicks off in the new year.
I'm watching days later, but it's been a solid show thus far (I'm at Priest vs. Rhodes).

The only match I haven't been into was Bianca vs. Sky, but that's mostly cause I'm in the camp that Bianca needs to turn (or some type of character refresh).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »