Home

WWE Payback 9/2/23

This is a discussion on WWE Payback 9/2/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2023, 10:49 PM   #17
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE Payback 9/2/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Raquel is climbing the Liv ladder. Stop smiling all the time for the love of god.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
She’s been on the main roster for a year and a half, you just noticing this? Smile, flex, smile, flex, smile, flex. That’s all the character they’ve given her.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:06 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
She’s been on the main roster for a year and a half, you just noticing this? Smile, flex, smile, flex, smile, flex. That’s all the character they’ve given her.

No but I liked her in NXT, so it’s taken this long for it to wear me down.

Old 09-02-2023, 11:10 PM   #19

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I like they actually made it seem like Cody had to call in favors to get Jey to switch shows. Probably the first legitimate feeling move in relation to the brand split in a decade.

I wonder where that's going?

Survivor Series gonna be Raw vs SD which continues the Uso vs Uso feud?
Old 09-02-2023, 11:20 PM   #20
All Star

WWE Payback 9/2/23

That match felt weird

With a very anti climatic ending to a very good show.

Old 09-03-2023, 12:40 AM   #21
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Last edited by SmashMan; 09-03-2023 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2023, 08:19 AM   #22
All Star

That incredibly stupid that they didn’t show that. It def felt like he was about to that when the show ended.

The ending of the match was so odd though. Like Shinsuke hits his finisher and doesn’t go for a cover? I dunno, it had that vibe of a match that you find out later that someone was hurt so they had to pivot and end it early.

Old 09-03-2023, 06:55 PM   #23

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Small thing that has no impact on the show but I liked anyways.

The stage they used for Payback, while not drastically different from 99% of shows they do with their giant LED screens, this time around at least near the entrance of the stage they at least made it look like a silver structure was part of the entrance ramp, which I'd what I've been wanting with these LED stages.

You don't just need a giant wall with the event logo all over it, why not make some of those graphics actually look like a real structure. You still get that "old school" look with the actual unique and different stage designs, while not having to actually build anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

Quote:
That incredibly stupid that they didn’t show that. It def felt like he was about to that when the show ended.
That entire ending just felt so weird. Adding on that it really felt like Priest would cash in (they kept emphasizing how "The Judgment Day has ALL the gold"...they're missing a certain major title). Hyping up Rollins injury so much, having the match end with him barely able to finish it, and then after it ended you have him in the ring in pain while Nakamura stands on the outside as Cole closes the show, but the camera just stays on Rollins for another 20 seconds as if Nakamura was gonna come back in, attack Rollins, and Priest cashes in.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-03-2023 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:46 AM   #24
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Just watched Payback, a very solid PPV. I'm completely ok with Judgment Day being the RAW version of the Bloodline and this going on for a couple years. Some other thoughts....

- The feud itself went on for too long but Trish vs Becky absolutley delivered in the Steel Cage. If the Champions weren't Rhea & Iyo, I'd be down for Trish becoming Women's Champion again. She deserves it for the run she has had this year, and she looks damn good for 47.

- Cena & Miz still have good chemistry, a solid match between Miz & LA Knight, nothing special but Cena giving LA Knight the endorsement is huge.

- Did not care too much for Rey vs Theory, feels like they are just holding over until Escobar turns on Rey and takes the title from Rey. Just hope they do something with Theory and repackage him in some way.

- I loved the Steel City Street Fight, what a match. Those four put on a great match, would enjoy a rematch between KO/Sami & Priest/Finn. As I said, if Judgment Day becomes to RAW what The Bloodline was to Smackdown, sign me up. Only thing I think I would change is had Finn & JD team up to win the Tag Titles so Priest can be free to cash in and become World Champion so they truly have all the gold.

- I guess much like Rey & Dom, WWE takes the easy route to prolong the Usos fighting and put them on different brands. Obviously Cody bringing Jey back will play into the rematch with Roman at Wrestlemania.

- At some point before the feud is over, hope Rhea & Raquel can put on a match on the level of their Last Woman Standing Match they had on NXT a couple years ago. To those who pointed out Raquel's smiling issues, this is why I want her to be a heel because this happy to be here Raquel is just not who she is.

- I was thinking a cash in was going to happen, not just because they won the tag titles but because they kept playing up Seth's back injury. It really felt whether it was Nakamura or Priest, we were going to have a new World Heavyweight Champion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »