Home

WWE Night of Champions 5/27/23

This is a discussion on WWE Night of Champions 5/27/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2023, 09:21 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Night of Champions 5/27/23

I genuinely don't get the love for this Bloodline storyline. To me it peaked in 2020 with the Roman vs Jey stuff. Since then it's been the same old crap for years on end with a group of wrestlers that, for the most part, have little to no charisma.

I know most don't seem to agree but I can't wait for this chapter of WWE to be over in hopes that something better comes along.

And I've generally been a WWE apologist over the years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2023, 09:31 PM   #42
All Star

OVR: 2

WWE is on an absolute monster streak with their PPV’s.

AJ/Seth was just a pure clinic. Wish they’d gone the less obvious route and have AJ get one more run though.

Becky/Trish was pretty good. The ending pushed it up. Becky knows how to make blood work for her so well. Trish was pretty good most of the match but just looked old anytime it was a real spot. I assume we’ll get Becky/Lita v Trish/Zoe next?

Gunther/Ali was awesome. Gunther is literal perfection in professional wrestling. Ali actually had me rooting for him and thinking he might get the win. Match of the night for me.

Bianca v Asuka was so damn boring. They don’t mesh well at all. Ending was beautiful though. Love that old school heel tactic and FINALLY getting the belt off Bianca. Maybe they can figure out how to make her not so boring now.

Rhea v Natty *chefs kiss* I haven’t loved a match that much since Brock suplexed Cena 47 times or whatever at Summerslam.

Brock v Cody. Good lord this the rivalry I never knew I wanted but now I crave it. It blows my mind that in 2023 Cody has figured out how to be a Red White and Blue Hogan level baby face and make it actually work where he’s not corny, he’s not boring and people love him. Let these two keep going and give me some kind of carnage finish at Summerslam.

Tag Title Match. Flawless. I feel like this is the 5th or 6th time the Bloodline story was right on the verge of “ok this is maybe finally getting stale” and BOOM they hit you with some perfectly booked next step in the story that pulls you all the way back in and sets up totally new dynamics. Someone needs awards for all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-27-2023, 10:31 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

We need a highlight package of Heyman’s facial reactions throughout his time with the bloodline
Old 05-27-2023, 10:40 PM   #44
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
I genuinely don't get the love for this Bloodline storyline. To me it peaked in 2020 with the Roman vs Jey stuff. Since then it's been the same old crap for years on end with a group of wrestlers that, for the most part, have little to no charisma.

I know most don't seem to agree but I can't wait for this chapter of WWE to be over in hopes that something better comes along.

And I've generally been a WWE apologist over the years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Oh, man, what??

I know people have different opinions, but we are on the complete opposite scales here. Have there been lulls of this storyline? A few. Did they drag? Honestly, never.

This has been, overall, amazing television. The characters have all shown great charisma and storytelling. Their facial expressions alone from them all have been fantastic! A true divide of blood, the addition of Zayn, the continue build to break it all down. Now it's starting to crumble!

I have LOVED this storyline, and by the end of it all, it'll go down as one of the best stories WWE has EVER told.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2023, 11:11 PM   #45
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Oh, man, what??

I know people have different opinions, but we are on the complete opposite scales here. Have there been lulls of this storyline? A few. Did they drag? Honestly, never.

This has been, overall, amazing television. The characters have all shown great charisma and storytelling. Their facial expressions alone from them all have been fantastic! A true divide of blood, the addition of Zayn, the continue build to break it all down. Now it's starting to crumble!

I have LOVED this storyline, and by the end of it all, it'll go down as one of the best stories WWE has EVER told.

One of these days, people are gonna wish they lived through the storyline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2023, 11:17 PM   #46
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
One of these days, people are gonna wish they lived through the storyline.
I absolutely agree, PV! This storyline just doesn't happen often, even back in the day. There are so many layers to it.

Old 05-28-2023, 12:15 AM   #47

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

The Bloodline story continues!

I don't get how anyone can't not enjoy this. Reigns has been champ for 3 years and I still am fine with him as champ and there's always new twists and turns in everything.

Also, have more people turned on Roman than anyone else in history?

Rollins, Zayn, Jimmy and soon Jey?

3 of the bigger turns in the last 20 years have probably been at the expense of Reigns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Cody going with the Cowboy Bob Orton game plan
Cody learning from the best who learned from the best.
Old 05-28-2023, 12:54 AM   #48
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard

I can kinda see what he's saying. Not entirely but a little bit. Those weeks/months where it was Bloodline having matches with McIntyre, New Day, and/or RK-Bro were brutal for me, but with a story this long there are going to be some filler storylines. They've been able to come back to have some pretty high highs in the main story though so it all works out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »