Home

More TopSpin 2K25 Signature Style and Animation Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More TopSpin 2K25 Signature Style and Animation Details Revealed within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2024, 02:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
More TopSpin 2K25 Signature Style and Animation Details Revealed

The TopSpin 2K25 developers have revealed some additional details and the process behind capturing the signature...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2024, 03:32 PM   #2
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: More TopSpin 2K25 Signature Style and Animation Details

"The first step is to look at the players we have in our roster and to identify which ones have a truly unique or recognizable style for either their serve, forehand, backhand, or return idle, and to capture video references of each."

With a roster this small, I wish they just captured video references for everyone and not just those with a "truly unique or recognizable style".
Old 04-04-2024, 07:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
"The first step is to look at the players we have in our roster and to identify which ones have a truly unique or recognizable style for either their serve, forehand, backhand, or return idle, and to capture video references of each."

With a roster this small, I wish they just captured video references for everyone and not just those with a "truly unique or recognizable style".

If freaking John McEnroe with his really unique style of serve, backhand and forehand doesnt have his own motion...then i really dont know wtf they are talking about. So far i have just seen RF, Serena and Medveded...the others are generics.

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj

Last edited by MJWizards; 04-04-2024 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM   #4
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
If freaking John McEnroe with his really unique style of serve, backhand and forehand doesnt have his own motion...then i really dont know wtf they are talking about. So far i have just seen RF, Serena and Medveded...the others are generics.

Exactly. I don’t think I’ve rooted for a game as much as Topspin 2K25–I really want it to be good. But I fear they’re going to make the majority of players on the game have generic motions and claim those players didn’t have “unique” movements.

McEnroe opened his body and exaggerated his serve motion—its noticeable and should be in the game. There are tons of videos of tennis players impersonating each other when playing in exhibitions; 2K should be able to do this for everyone in the game with the use of mo-cap by the semi pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2024, 01:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Exactly. I don’t think I’ve rooted for a game as much as Topspin 2K25–I really want it to be good. But I fear they’re going to make the majority of players on the game have generic motions and claim those players didn’t have “unique” movements.

McEnroe opened his body and exaggerated his serve motion—its noticeable and should be in the game. There are tons of videos of tennis players impersonating each other when playing in exhibitions; 2K should be able to do this for everyone in the game with the use of mo-cap by the semi pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 100 % with you J, but honestly at this point im just preparing myself to be disappointed.

- 7 Active ATP players at launch: are you serious???

- No sign of OFFLINE Exhibition Tournament Mode: lets say i want to use Roger Federer and play at Wimbledon, you are telling me that there is no mode at all?? Whats the point of even getting players license if the only thing i can do is a freaking exhibition single match???
I REALLY REALLY dont understand why they dont let us play AS a real pro in career or in an exhibition tournament.

- No sign of a good CREATE a PLAYER mode: they should have used the same trick used by AO Tennis Series. Give us a good create a player mode and a community share service where we can create all the missing pros. Give us the tools to make the a great Tour roster. How can we play a decent career if there are going to be only 7 real guys in the Tour??
I have re-created entire season for NBA 2K back when there was no MyEras mode. I have re-created entire soccer Serie A & World Cup from the 80s and 90s for the PES series.
You dont have enough money for the license? Ok cool, just give the community the tools, its not that hard. Cmon now...nosense at all

The gameplay is good, the Tournaments are there...cmon 2k

End of rant

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj

Last edited by MJWizards; 04-04-2024 at 01:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2024, 07:02 PM   #6
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Re: More TopSpin 2K25 Signature Style and Animation Details Revealed

I agree MJ.

A positive takeaway is that many of us just wanted Topspin 4.5--a negative is that we didn't know that's what we may be getting. Topspin 2K25 seems like Topspin 4 remastered for PS4....even though we have PS5.

I saw a gameplay video of Serena Williams vs Steffi Graf and it reminded me of your comment about Johnny Mac. Graf had a unique style--she would dip her head on her swing and she (more than others) would stay moving and bouncing after her strokes. Again, with a roster this small, you have enough woman and manpower to recreate player animations.

The more I see from this game, **the more it seems like PGA Tour 2K23 as opposed to an NBA 2K title (ie no community creations). I've seen people in YouTube comments saying Topspin is from a small studio with not enough money, but the company has no problem charging $70 and $100 for the game. If you don't have a big budget, why are you charging me money as if I do?

I'm not attacking 2K or anything and I praise them for having legends in the game as well as the 4 Grand Slam arenas--that's big for me. I want to support them more than criticize them, and this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

**EDIT: if I'm not mistaken (and I could be), I think Topspin 2K25 will have the same tournament setup as PGA Tour 2K23, meaning you can play a tournament by yourself but you have to be online to do so for rewards and progress

Last edited by jd@os; 04-07-2024 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:28 PM   #7
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

For me to purchase it’s all about what is in creation suite, if we can’t create missing pros I won’t buy no matter how good it plays
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 04-07-2024, 10:20 PM   #8
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
For me to purchase it’s all about what is in creation suite, if we can’t create missing pros I won’t buy no matter how good it plays
I could be wrong LegendKiller (and I hope I am), but I think you can only create 1 player to put in tournaments (meaning you couldn't create multiple pros to put in tournaments).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »