Home

TopSpin 2K25 Game Modes, Roster, Gameplay, and More

This is a discussion on TopSpin 2K25 Game Modes, Roster, Gameplay, and More within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2024, 11:05 AM   #9
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: TopSpin 2K25 Game Modes, Roster, Gameplay, and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
Maybe im just a dinosaur, but i really cant understand all the MyPlayer\MyCareer love for the sport games.
All i wanted from sports game is control my idols and play using them or against them.

I recently downloaded Formula 1 2023 for free thanks to my PSN subscription. I was shocked to see that they have legends like Michael Schumacher or Ayrton Senna but no matter what YOU CANNOT drive your car as them, you can only have them as your 2nd team driver in MyTeam mode. Insane.

Same here. I want to play the Tour as Federer, Agassi or McEnroe. I dont want to create a no-name filler character.
I hope they give us the ability to create the missing players.
^This.

I get that golf and tennis players have to have their likenesses individually negotiated to appear in video games; I assumed (meaning I could be wrong) that had to have something to do with not being able to control them in a career mode.

But classic team players in NBA 2K have to have their likenesses individually negotiated as well, yet you could play their career out by playing multiple seasons.

Therein lies my issue with career modes in golf and tennis games. I know how Tiger Woods plays, and I would much rather use him in a PGA Tour 2K23 career but I can't; I had to create a player (just used myself) and I'm not a professional golfer--kills the immersion.

I know how Andre Agassi played, and I would much rather have used him in a Topspin 4 career but I couldn't; I had to create a player (just used myself) and I'm not a professional tennis player--killed the immersion.

I can play out Michael Jordan's career in 2K but I can't do the same with Andre Agassi? Wish it was different.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:16 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
^This.

I get that golf and tennis players have to have their likenesses individually negotiated to appear in video games; I assumed (meaning I could be wrong) that had to have something to do with not being able to control them in a career mode.

But classic team players in NBA 2K have to have their likenesses individually negotiated as well, yet you could play their career out by playing multiple seasons.

Therein lies my issue with career modes in golf and tennis games. I know how Tiger Woods plays, and I would much rather use him in a PGA Tour 2K23 career but I can't; I had to create a player (just used myself) and I'm not a professional golfer--kills the immersion.

I know how Andre Agassi played, and I would much rather have used him in a Topspin 4 career but I couldn't; I had to create a player (just used myself) and I'm not a professional tennis player--killed the immersion.

I can play out Michael Jordan's career in 2K but I can't do the same with Andre Agassi? Wish it was different.

I dont think this has something to do with player license.
I bought AO Tennis & AO Tennis 2 for ps4, and in that game you can play your career using an official pro like Nadal or a created player.

So...maybe the producers just think no one want to play a career using the official players lol.

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Old 03-15-2024, 11:25 AM   #11
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
I dont think this has something to do with player license.
I bought AO Tennis & AO Tennis 2 for ps4, and in that game you can play your career using an official pro like Nadal or a created player.

So...maybe the producers just think no one want to play a career using the official players lol.
I certainly do lol. It kills the immersion for me when I'm on the PGA or ATP Tour. I've watched so much of so many players that I want to play as them--not as me.

And thank you for mentioning the AO series--just my luck that I've had games (Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, Topspin 4, PGA Tour 2K23) where you can't compete as pros in career modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 10:17 PM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey man, how do i get your ncaa classic roster link to download? Or can you post or send a new one? Ncaa basketball 10 ps3. Thanks alot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Topspin 4 had rockstar wig Agassi and stubble-on-the-head Agassi, which just about bookends his career. Although not in Topspin 2K25, I wish we got my favorite version of Agassi, seen in his comeback from unranked player to tournament champion:

the gangster pirate

Old 03-16-2024, 06:23 AM   #13
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Very excited this game is coming back and I'll probably get it either way, but it's definitely setting off a few red flags for me:

1. No way around it, the graphics are not good, especially considering it's a sport primarily focused on just two people at a given time. I'm not really a graphics snob, so games like this and MLB The Show for example not looking great isn't enough to deter me from buying them, but it's definitely a bummer.

2. It sounds like the roster will be very limited. "Over 24 playable players" tells me we can hope for around 30 or so. Some of those 30 being players that are no longer active and then obviously whatever remains being split between men and women; it's just a really small roster. Hopefully we can add players ourselves on consoles or in the very least, mod the PC version to get a full roster of tennis pros.

3. IGN mentioned that 2K basically built the game off the Top Spin 4 code. Top Spin 4 played great for its time, and I'd probably still be playing it today if my Xbox 360 hadn't stopped working, but the pessimistic part of me is wondering if it's essentially just a Top Spin 4 reskin with microtransactions.

I think #2 is the only potential dealbreaker for me; if the career mode has us competing against like 12 active pros and a bunch of generics, I don't know if that'll be able to hold my attention. I can live with the other two things as long as the career mode is fun.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-16-2024, 07:32 PM   #14
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyvb
Hey man, how do i get your ncaa classic roster link to download? Or can you post or send a new one? Ncaa basketball 10 ps3. Thanks alot!!
Just like when you post, make sure you're signed in to download it.....or is that not working for you?
Old 03-18-2024, 11:04 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2

6 more confirmed players, through the official 2k25 top spin site:
Daniil Medvedev, Taylor Fritz, Pete Sampras, Naomi Osaka, Maria Sharapova, Caroline Wozniacki.

So this is the roster situation so far with 16 confirmed players:

MENS:
- Carlos Alcaraz
- Francis Tiafoe
- Taylor Fritz
- Daniil Medvedev
- Roger Federer
- John McEnroe
- Andre Agassi
- Pete Sampras

WOMENS:
- Iga Swiatek