Home

Do We know the Future of This Franchise Yet?

This is a discussion on Do We know the Future of This Franchise Yet? within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2022, 11:24 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do We know the Future of This Franchise Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
May of 20 was the last iteration. I would have expected a bit more of there was something in the works. I ga e EA tbe benefit of the count but it’s severely waning now………
This makes no sense. You are mad because you haven’t been marketed to enough?

The game will come out and be whatever it is. Are you saying that because you didn’t see a trailer in May of ‘22, the quality of the game no longer matters? What is wrong with gamers? Why do they beg to be manipulated?

If someone is not running a bunch of PR on something I’m interested in, that is a sign I should stop worrying about it, and move on to one of the thousands of things I can do besides play SMB.

I like to check in, because I am interested, but it is so weird to see gamers acting like 5 year olds who want a new toy so bad.
Old 05-21-2022, 01:15 PM   #18
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

If anything, it's better. They aren't pulling an Activision and releasing seven different titles in two years with it.

I haven't gamed since last year, and can't wait to get back into SMB 3 this summer. In my book, SMB 4 can take as much time as it needs to (unless you can import a previous franchise).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-23-2022, 01:10 AM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

https://venturebeat.com/2022/05/13/s...a-packed-2023/

Word has it (from Jeff Grub) the Sports Title is SMB 4.

Probably looking at February or March of next year.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-23-2022, 01:26 AM   #20
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
This makes no sense. You are mad because you haven’t been marketed to enough?

The game will come out and be whatever it is. Are you saying that because you didn’t see a trailer in May of ‘22, the quality of the game no longer matters? What is wrong with gamers? Why do they beg to be manipulated?

If someone is not running a bunch of PR on something I’m interested in, that is a sign I should stop worrying about it, and move on to one of the thousands of things I can do besides play SMB.

I like to check in, because I am interested, but it is so weird to see gamers acting like 5 year olds who want a new toy so bad.
Troll much? Guy, who are you? Where did I say I was mad? Where am I acting like a 5 year old?
I asked if we knew the future of this franchise since EA bought it out a year ago and we really haven’t heard much from it at all. I was optimistic at first because the press release sounded promising. Then nothing since. It’s natural to then wonder what direction they are headed.

To be honest, the only thing that doesn’t make sense is you coming in here throwing insults out over my asking if anyone has heard much about the future. Thankfully a bit more mature user showed a screenshot of something promising. That’s what we do here. We discuss and ask question hoping for an answer. Jesus Christ dude.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:28 AM   #21
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If anything, it's better. They aren't pulling an Activision and releasing seven different titles in two years with it.

I haven't gamed since last year, and can't wait to get back into SMB 3 this summer. In my book, SMB 4 can take as much time as it needs to (unless you can import a previous franchise).
I have no issue with it taking time. We’ve all seen what happens when you rush a game or just do a roster update with minimal changes. Just a snippet that there is one in the works is plenty for me and a target window that likely gets pushed. At least it shows that the series isn’t scratched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2022, 10:11 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Troll much? Guy, who are you? Where did I say I was mad? Where am I acting like a 5 year old?
I asked if we knew the future of this franchise since EA bought it out a year ago and we really haven’t heard much from it at all. I was optimistic at first because the press release sounded promising. Then nothing since. It’s natural to then wonder what direction they are headed.

To be honest, the only thing that doesn’t make sense is you coming in here throwing insults out over my asking if anyone has heard much about the future. Thankfully a bit more mature user showed a screenshot of something promising. That’s what we do here. We discuss and ask question hoping for an answer. Jesus Christ dude.
Cool. Are you back to giving EA the benefit of the doubt, or is it still waning in the dearth of news? Let’s discuss…
Old 05-23-2022, 10:14 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
https://venturebeat.com/2022/05/13/s...a-packed-2023/

Word has it (from Jeff Grub) the Sports Title is SMB 4.

Probably looking at February or March of next year.
If they release it in the spring, I bet it will be MLB licensed in some way. MLB needs someone to put RBI Baseball out of its misery.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:33 AM   #24
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Cool. Are you back to giving EA the benefit of the doubt, or is it still waning in the dearth of news? Let’s discuss…
Agsin, who are you? I don’t bash left and right companies. Hell, in the thread of the first announcement, I was defending them saying there is indication they plan on scrapping the series. A year later, I’m concerned there’s little to no news. Now a glimmer of hope. Seems like it was a good idea to post this thread up and ask.

Anything else unnecessary you feel the need to jump in with?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »