Home

Old 03-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Base running

Could someone please help me! How do you control the baserunning. Ive read the directions but can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes when I try to run bases I get thrown out cause I'm having a hard time controlling just one baserunner

Please help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Base running

also I have another question. How does the pennant mode work? How many regular season games and playoff games? Is it a playoff series like mlb?

Thank you
Old 03-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
Pro

I just read that pennant mode is for online. Is their a season mode vs computer
Old 03-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #4
Pro

can you play online vs friend or is it only random
Old 03-12-2019, 01:54 AM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Could someone please help me! How do you control the baserunning. Ive read the directions but can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes when I try to run bases I get thrown out cause I'm having a hard time controlling just one baserunner

Please help
I don't want to misspeak because I don't have the game in front of me, but you can use the left analog stick and point in the direction of the baserunner on the mini-map. They will be highlighted somehow (blue arrow, I believe?). Press a face button in accordance with the base which you wish to predestine them to. Note that you do not have to hold that face button. Once assigned, he will continue to there until he reaches that base or is put out for any reason.

For instance, if you have a runner on 1st and hit a ball into right field for a single, and you want to send that runner to 3rd, press up-right on the left analog stick (because that's where the runner is) to highlight him, then press Square because that is in the direction of 3rd base. The runner's circular icon will change from a 2 to a 3, and he will continue in that direction until/unless you redirect either by pressing maybe Triangle or R1. The batter-runner will go to 1st only, unless you highlight him to give him baserunning directions or hold L1 to circulate him around the base paths.

Quote:
also I have another question. How does the pennant mode work? How many regular season games and playoff games? Is it a playoff series like mlb?

Thank you
Quote:
I just read that pennant mode is for online. Is their a season mode vs computer
As you discovered, Pennant Mode is an online play format. I haven't played it yet, though it was a feature I had longed for in the first game. I just got too attached to my custom offline team to play it.

There is a playoff mode in this game called Elimination. You can format several items there, and choose which teams you want to be in it.

There is a Season mode versus the computer, yes. I don't know if it does multiple seasons. You can set any even number of games on the season from 2-200.

Quote:
can you play online vs friend or is it only random
No idea, sorry. I'm guessing you can play versus friends, but I doubt they will be ranked games.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Please help
On XB1, use the left trigger to advance all runners, right trigger to retreat all runners, and both triggers to hold all runners in place.

If you only want to target 1 specific runner, push the left stick in direction of the runner's original base, and the right stick in the direction of the base you want them to run to.

For example, if you have a runner on 1st and 3rd, and want to have your runner on 3rd tag up after a deep fly in the outfield is caught, you'd first A) push your left stick to the left to select the 3rd base runner, and then B) pull towards you with the right stick to have that runner advance towards home.

You can also return a runner doing the same thing. So if in this scenario you don't think that runner can score, you would then A) push your left stick to the left to select the 3rd base runner, and then B) push your right stick to the left to have that runner return to 3rd.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:06 AM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
On XB1, use the left trigger to advance all runners, right trigger to retreat all runners, and both triggers to hold all runners in place.

If you only want to target 1 specific runner, push the left stick in direction of the runner's original base, and the right stick in the direction of the base you want them to run to.

For example, if you have a runner on 1st and 3rd, and want to have your runner on 3rd tag up after a deep fly in the outfield is caught, you'd first A) push your left stick to the left to select the 3rd base runner, and then B) pull towards you with the right stick to have that runner advance towards home.

You can also return a runner doing the same thing. So if in this scenario you don't think that runner can score, you would then A) push your left stick to the left to select the 3rd base runner, and then B) push your right stick to the left to have that runner return to 3rd.
I totally didn't even know half of what you said worked (both triggers to stop runners instead of L3, advancing individual baserunners with right stick... hell, even that this game was on Xbox!). Thanks.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »