Home

Super Mega Baseball 4 How’s your franchise going?

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 4 How’s your franchise going? within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2023, 06:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Super Mega Baseball 4 How’s your franchise going?

With the new game dropping tomorrow figured I start this and have it ready. Pretty excited. I’ve had a lot of fun with the show gotten like 150 hours so far but excited for a change of pace in the baseball world. Also excited to use legends this year in SMB4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2023, 02:45 AM   #2
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 How’s your franchise going?

1-0 with a drafted Platypi custom league. It's only custom, however, in that I'm using DH in both leagues.

Ego at 50 for everything. We won our first game, 7-2. We hit 3 HRs and drew 6 walks. Juice Jackson was walked his first 3 ABs of the season!
Old 06-02-2023, 04:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Set up a custom league with all 8 Legend teams and 8 SuperMega teams. Put the Legends in one conference with the DH and the SuperMega teams with No DH. The pool is from the creators league, so it's a mix of legends and originals in the FA pool. It's a 28-game season of 7-inning games.

Only a few games in, but the new franchise features are fantastic. The loyalty stuff seemed like it could have been bad, I really like how it is implemented.

Started at 50 Ego, but it was too easy. Moved to 55, and now 60, where I got beat fairly soundly 4-0. So I will stick there for awhile. I do think there may be too large of a disparity between the top of the rotation guys and the bottom, but they may shrink as I increase the Ego.

I'm taking the Moose, as I've used them quite a bit in the past games. Pitching with Raul Strikes was a bit of a challenge, but I got 4 innings out of him. It was an insane start of two hits and a 3-run bomb. Seemed like I was going to get crushed. But I ended up doing the crushing and won 14-5. Raul game up a two-run homer later, but I avoided getting battered, but I was really having to mix pitches and find sports to get 4 innings out of him.

It's kind of geeky, but I like that you can watch the other games being played instead of just stimulating them. you can watch from the game cam, or from several locations in the stadium as a fan cam. You can then either use the RS to look around and watch the plays, or toggle on auto-tracking, and the camera will follow the action for you while you sit in the box seats along baselines, behind the plate, or higher up.

My is 4-2 so far. I may be headed for a losing streak at Ego 60 until I get used to it. That 4-0 loss was bad, but I did manage plenty of hits, but just couldn't put a rally together.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:07 PM   #4
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

The second season of "The Outfield" league has commenced.

The inaugural season saw a lot of twists and turns as we followed the Mighty Cattle. Each team in The Outfield was involved in a shuffle draft as they hoped to field a team that would be the last one standing at the end of the season.

The Mighty Cattle started their season off with a bang, going 2-0, but their winning was short-lived, as they lost nine of their next ten games, going into the middle of the season with a 3-9 record and looking to be dead in the water. Superstar shortstop Grizz Dazzler was a major disappointment. At 40-years-old, his sights were set on a championship in the twilight years of his career, but he was hitting like a geriatric. No doubt, the Cattle was not only not adding runs to the scoreboard but its bullpen was letting the squad down as well despite a fairly strong showing from the starting pitching staff.

Miraculously, the Mighty Cattle began to show life down the stretch. They won five games in a row and wound up winning seven of their final eight games of the season to capture a wildcard spot with a 10-10 record by the skin of their teeth.

In the first round, they faced their foes from the Liner division, the Venom, in a best of three seasons. Despite the Venom being the number one seed, they wanted no part of the Cattle, as the recently played the Cattle during the final moments of the regular season and lost a grueling 1-0 battle with them. Regardless, the Venom boasted The Outfield league's MVP and homerun queen Hannah Ribeye.

In the first game of the series between the two rivals, the Cattle commanded the entire game, but the Venom kept it close. In the final inning, the bottom of the fifth, with the Venom tying the game, Hannah Ribeye stepped up to the plate and hit a breathtaking ball that barely avoided foul territory to drive in the winning run with a walkoff single.

The Cattle's hearts were broken, but there was still another day, another game, another chance to fight to stay alive. In game two, the Cattle looked flat and could only muster two runs. The Venom stamped their ticket to the next round and the Cattle's season ended in a whimper.

Surprisingly, the 12-10 Slickbacks came out of nowhere to win The Outfield league's first championship!

During the off-season, the Cattle elected to bring back almost the same lineup from the first season of The Oufield. Grizz Dazzler returns, at 41-years-old, with a chip on his shoulder and a championship on his mind. "Unfinished business," he cites as a reason to come back. The Mighty Cattle look forward to seeing what not only Dazzler can do, but what else the surprising standouts Rip Brownpole and Madelynn Morse can do after their impressive showings towards the end of the previous season.

In game 1 of the second season of The Outfield, the Cattle faced off in a grudge match with the Venom, exacting revenge by crushing them 7-0. The Cattle showed off their new ace, Ronan Friedman, as he held the Venom scoreless and struck out the previous year's homerun queen, Hannah Ribeye, twice. Grizz Dazzler went 4-4 with a homer and 4 runs driven in. Rip Brownpole smashed two homers to join the dinger hittin' party as well.

Can the Mighty Cattle be the team to beat this season? Or is this just a facade like last year, because -- after all -- they started off last season with a win, as well, before falling off the rails.

(NOTE: I want to rebrand the Mighty Cattle into the 'Vice' as a reference to Miami Vice with black, pink and blue colors, but I'm not artistic ast all and haven't delved into the customization options yet!)

Last edited by ClassActFan; 06-08-2023 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:20 PM   #5
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Won the championship in season #2 with a 13-7 record. Won both games (best of three) in the championship round 1-0. Signed a new ace, Ronan Friedman, prior to the season beginning, and he made all the difference in the world in the playoffs, including a perfect game.

Grizz Dazzler retired in the subsequent off-season. I wound up letting Rip Brownhole walk as well and picked up a new second basemen. Replaced Dazzler at short stop with a 20-year-old prospect.

Won the championship again in season #3 with another 13-7 record. This time, the championship game went to a third game. Played against the Slickbacks. It was pretty cool to see the season #1 champs going up against the season #2 champs for all the marbles.

Got rid of the aforementioned 20-year-old prospect in the off-season. Replaced him with a new A-rated short stop.

Currently having my best season in season #4 with a 7-1 record. My offense has simply been on fire, even when the pitching isn't fine tuned.

Having a lot of fun in franchise mode, managing the budget and trying to field the best roster possible, although I've noticed that nearly my entire roster is over 30 except for a couple of players. My best pitcher, the one I mentioned earlier, probably won't go but another season or so, I'm sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2023, 01:08 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Are you guys doing the fantasy draft option? Shuffle draft I think it's called.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 02-10-2024, 01:15 PM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Couple quick questions here, how many is the maximum teams play in season mode? Does each team have its own stadium? How many players does a team have? Thank-you, I'll probably have more questions later.
#44Syracuse
Old 02-21-2024, 07:23 PM   #8
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Couple quick questions here, how many is the maximum teams play in season mode? Does each team have its own stadium? How many players does a team have? Thank-you, I'll probably have more questions later.
I bought this over the weekend, wildly fun. So glad you can have a 30 team League, even goes up to 32 teams if you choose. But yeah, wildly fun.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »