Home

Super Mega Baseball 4 Trailer, Release Date, Screenshots, Features & More

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 4 Trailer, Release Date, Screenshots, Features & More within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2023, 01:50 PM   #9
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 - Official Reveal Trailer

Looks like the EA acquisition was worth it. They were able to expand their dev team and put in more resources to an already awesome game.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Looks awesome. I was kind if hoping for real MLB logos and rosters as well but I know that isn't foundation of game.

Hopefully they allow user customization and sharing. I know on PC there were MLB rosters and uniforms you could use. Would be cool to expand that sharing to console. Then users could more easily create MLB seasons if they choose. Would be cool to utilize the 200 legends and re-create seasons (like a Super Mega ERA mode). This is my wish.

Even if customization sharing it isn't available, I'm sure the game will still be fun using the fictional world. I always felt this was an under rated sports game. Plays a good game if baseball in a simcade type way.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:59 PM   #11
Rookie

List of Legends I've seen so far:

Robin Yount
Dave Parker
Jeff Montgomery
Babe Ruth
Ernie Banks
Willie Mays
Julio Franco
Ron Gant
Ron Santo
Mike Timlin
Gene Tenace
Willie Randolph
Bartolo Colon
Luis Tiant
Hank Aaron
Johnny Damon
David Ortiz
Jason Giambi
Vladimir Guerrero
Ozzie Smith
Mike Piazza
Jose Batista

Last edited by TheBrew101; 05-03-2023 at 08:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2023, 06:32 PM   #12
Rookie

I really hope that they have added more than a few stadiums so that we have more choices. I think that SMB 3 had 14 stadiums to choose from and so I hope that at least 10 more stadiums have been added...I will be buying this none-the-less...
Old 05-02-2023, 07:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yount19
I really hope that they have added more than a few stadiums so that we have more choices. I think that SMB 3 had 14 stadiums to choose from and so I hope that at least 10 more stadiums have been added...I will be buying this none-the-less...
They added 6 more in base game for total o 20 and there are 3 additional if you pre-order (2 of those 3 will come at later dates as only 1 is available at release). My guess is they will be DLC to those who don't pre-order.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 Trailer, Release Date, Screenshots, Features & More

Do they really think this game can compete with power pros ịn japan with just custom franchise mode?
For 60$ power pros 2022 has Pennant (custom franchise) with the ability to export every team at the end of every season and import those team into pennant again. My life: it is "life" not career. And you can export your custom player too. And these two traditional modes can not compete with Pawafes (like become a legend in nba street but better),success (non linear story mode with branching paths), eikan 9 (custom high school team management can be play endlessly, legend loke ichiro, ohtani can be recruited ). These three modes also help you create player. You can make custom pitch... and more. The even have 28 stadium in the base game tbf power pros 2022 is technically the combination of the show (an licence baseball game ) and sbm (arcade looking game) but better in many ways and has way more contents. This game has no chance in jp tbh.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:54 PM   #15
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunuman
Do they really think this game can compete with power pros ịn japan with just custom franchise mode?
For 60$ power pros 2022 has Pennant (custom franchise) with the ability to export every team at the end of every season and import those team into pennant again. My life: it is "life" not career. And you can export your custom player too. And these two traditional modes can not compete with Pawafes (like become a legend in nba street but better),success (non linear story mode with branching paths), eikan 9 (custom high school team management can be play endlessly, legend loke ichiro, ohtani can be recruited ). These three modes also help you create player. You can make custom pitch... and more. The even have 28 stadium in the base game tbf power pros 2022 is technically the combination of the show (an licence baseball game ) and sbm (arcade looking game) but better in many ways and has way more contents. This game has no chance in jp tbh.
I don’t believe they ever said it needed or wanted to compete with PP. The other part of this is if they did, SMB4 and all their titles in English, I don’t believe there’s an updated American version of PP.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2023, 11:25 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I don’t believe they ever said it needed or wanted to compete with PP. The other part of this is if they did, SMB4 and all their titles in English, I don’t believe there’s an updated American version of PP.
i believe this game will be released in jp market. It is an arcade baseball game but heavily focus on franchise mode.power pros is not focus on franchise mode but it still get better year after year.They are many pendant/ franchise fans in jp.
Well maybe it a good thing for power pros.konami can add some feature from smb4 like logo creator, fantasy draft... to pennant. And localize the game. If a game which has way less content like smb4 can make people pay 50~60$ then 60$ power pros with
(without) npb can easily make big profit for konami in the west.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »