Home

SMB 4 Coming in Spring 2023

This is a discussion on SMB 4 Coming in Spring 2023 within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-07-2022, 01:22 AM   #9
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: SMB 4 Coming in Spring 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If they go MLB though, it makes you wonder if they make every stadium. Would be a sweeter alternative to Power Pros, IMO.

Also wondering how they optimize to make use of current-gen power, and how it translates over to the PC version as well.

But one sorely missed aspect from every sports game (I haven't bought one since SMB3 actually) is how The Show had franchise carry-over saves. I wish I could take my SMB3 franchise into SMB4 if they still retained all of those assets. Sadly this is very much unlikely to be the case, and I wonder if sports games will ever have this really.
Stadium creator stadium creator!
Old 02-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm generally curious when they will start revealing info on this game. I know it might not be a MLB licensed game, but I assume EA will want Metalhead to release the game prior to the MLB season in just over a month. Haven't heard anything about a delay and nothing about the game in over a year.
I never played Super Mega Baseball and haven't played The Show probably since the PS3 days, but I want to give SMB if EA allowed Metalhead the creative freedom it had before.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:39 AM   #11
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I'm generally curious when they will start revealing info on this game. I know it might not be a MLB licensed game, but I assume EA will want Metalhead to release the game prior to the MLB season in just over a month. Haven't heard anything about a delay and nothing about the game in over a year.
I never played Super Mega Baseball and haven't played The Show probably since the PS3 days, but I want to give SMB if EA allowed Metalhead the creative freedom it had before.
Damn you lol. I thought there was info. All quiet, which in my mind is bad news but you never know I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2023, 06:47 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Damn you lol. I thought there was info. All quiet, which in my mind is bad news but you never know I guess.
I did too lol. But after checking around, there hasn't really been anything of substance since May of last year. Which was, saying it'll be out around Spring of 2023 and a launch date given "later". Even on Twitter, there was a reply in early January of this year saying that they're hard at work on SMB4. Nothing I can remember from the EA conference/financial call.

I can sense the the thought of bad news. This is approaching delay territory. There wasn't a locked release date and it's not a MLB licensed game. But, I imagined that EA wanted to get this out before the MLB season. Even if you extend out to April or May, I would expect to hear something by now.

https://www.polygon.com/23436668/ele...-mega-baseball

This was in November, so possibly. But, haven't heard anything else
Old 02-27-2023, 06:25 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 35

SMB3 was released only about a month after it was announced, so maybe that will be the case with SMB4 as well, though that seems unlikely with the EA hype machine behind the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-28-2023, 09:03 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
SMB3 was released only about a month after it was announced, so maybe that will be the case with SMB4 as well, though that seems unlikely with the EA hype machine behind the game.

Nowadays, most of the publishers reveal the game in a 2-3 month span. Madden use to reveal the game up to 4 months prior, now it is as early as June. 2k usually does it 6-7 weeks prior to launch. So, not hearing anything yet isn't as concerning.

I just checked the release dates for both SMB 2 & 3. Both games were released in May. My thought now is whether they'll continue with that May release or whether EA would want to push the game closer to Opening Day. At this point, I doubt it'll be in March. So, I'm leaning towards May. So, I can see them revealing the game towards the middle of the month
Old 03-20-2023, 09:53 AM   #15
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Huge sale on SMB3 right now... makes me wonder if an announcement for SMB4 is on the way soon (fingers crossed)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2023, 11:23 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Huge sale on SMB3 right now... makes me wonder if an announcement for SMB4 is on the way soon (fingers crossed)

If we don’t hear anything by the end of March, I’d be surprised if it isn’t significantly delayed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »