Home

The Operation Sports Terms Of Service

This is a discussion on The Operation Sports Terms Of Service within the Steve's Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #185
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Operation Sports Terms Of Service

Just wondering if it's ok if I post a link to my music on soundcloud in my sig.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #186
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Is it ok to offer something for sale on OS? If so, is there a thread for that? I have not seen one so I'm guessing it's not ok.

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #187

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Is it ok to offer something for sale on OS? If so, is there a thread for that? I have not seen one so I'm guessing it's not ok.

Thanks.
Come on man... the rule is on the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Selling/Trading Posts
We do not allow posters to offer games or other products for sale or trade at Operation SportsYou may use your blog to post an eBay or other accredited auction site to do this type of action, although it will still be subject to the TOS and must abide by the other rules of the site.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #188
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33JAF
Just wondering if it's ok if I post a link to my music on soundcloud in my sig.

Thanks.
I haven't gotten a response, so I'm going to assume it's ok after seeing a few other users with soundcloud links.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #189
Rookie

Aurorans's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
[*]New User Posting
All new users have a 'probationary period' in which they will not be able to create new threads or send private messages to other users. You must reply to threads until this period is finished. The period is a set number of days AND a set number of posts. These numbers are not disclosed, as we do not want people posting just to get past their probationary period.
I think this is good, but it has a severe downside.

As a new member here, my only hope to get out of the probationary period is to be ACTIVE.

And, as I am on here randomly and sparsely just to browse, and occasionally ask a question (Which, is impossible, you must create a new thread if the question does not fall into any previous active thread with a more broader question), I am NOT active.

This really causes a lot of users to stray away from this website and never return. However, I still try occasionally to come back and see if I can post my questions. Still unable to.

I would really recommend a "Welcome" Thread for new users, or allow a welcome Section where new users can post individual threads for welcome. And, while your at it, perhaps a "Questions & Answers" Thread to be posted as well.

I feel that this is a closed forum, as there is not much I can do except browse and use the search box to search for my answers (if they've been asked and answered at all). I've also noticed some recent spam from others (possibly those that hate the probationary period), who could actually be decent or great people to talk to, but have very little patience (Remember, we all have our shortcomings and downfalls, as well as our strengths).

Taking all this in the matter, I believe you made a great website, where activities and entertainment, as well as friendly, grand discussions are just around the corner, but for those select few who only come on once in a blue moon, it will be very hard for them to participate, especially if they don't watch the news, read the internet's reddit and blog pages, etc (Like me).
Old 07-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #190
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

So accommodate a group that only visits "once and a blue moon"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #191
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurorans
I think this is good, but it has a severe downside.

As a new member here, my only hope to get out of the probationary period is to be ACTIVE.

And, as I am on here randomly and sparsely just to browse, and occasionally ask a question (Which, is impossible, you must create a new thread if the question does not fall into any previous active thread with a more broader question), I am NOT active.

This really causes a lot of users to stray away from this website and never return. However, I still try occasionally to come back and see if I can post my questions. Still unable to.

I would really recommend a "Welcome" Thread for new users, or allow a welcome Section where new users can post individual threads for welcome. And, while your at it, perhaps a "Questions & Answers" Thread to be posted as well.

I feel that this is a closed forum, as there is not much I can do except browse and use the search box to search for my answers (if they've been asked and answered at all). I've also noticed some recent spam from others (possibly those that hate the probationary period), who could actually be decent or great people to talk to, but have very little patience (Remember, we all have our shortcomings and downfalls, as well as our strengths).

Taking all this in the matter, I believe you made a great website, where activities and entertainment, as well as friendly, grand discussions are just around the corner, but for those select few who only come on once in a blue moon, it will be very hard for them to participate, especially if they don't watch the news, read the internet's reddit and blog pages, etc (Like me).
Don't mind the idea of a welcome area, but I feel like it would become barren as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #192
Rookie

Aurorans's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Don't mind the idea of a welcome area, but I feel like it would become barren as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Glad to have thought of it, but I'm not sure what you mean by "Barren"... do you mean devoid of posts? I would certainly post in the welcome thread, and so will many others. Welcome threads are the first place a new user goes to introduce themselves.

Take me for instance. No one has even heard of me in this community, right? How am I supposed to be noticed or feel welcome in this community if no one knows who I am, what I do, or what I like. I feel alien.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »