Home

How can I view my thread/post history?

This is a discussion on How can I view my thread/post history? within the Steve's Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-27-2023, 10:04 PM   #1
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Whenever I go to my Arena, I want to look up my old posts and threads that I created but it says that I don't have the privilege's to do this.

"MrOctober430, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

how can i get this resolved? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2023, 08:38 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How can I view my thread/post history?

Hey, sorry about that, but right now it isn't possible.

It's tied to this:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-disabled.html

Viewing your own posts is tied to the search function so with that disabled it won't work to search through your own posts either.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:20 PM   #3
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Well that stinks. But thanks for letting me know !
Old 10-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Hey, sorry about that, but right now it isn't possible.

It's tied to this:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-disabled.html

Viewing your own posts is tied to the search function so with that disabled it won't work to search through your own posts either.

I was using discord, and with a screen share, I saw that others could view all of my post history, but I cannot see my own:

I found this thread instead of starting my own and respect what kehlis said, but it is not true anymore as I have seen it for myself with my own eyes as the user I was in discord with demonstrated and was going through my post history.

Can I/we get some help with this?

EDIT: I copy and paste my post history, go to incognito mode, and I can view my posts, but not from my profile? That sure looks like I was blocked by an administrator and I cannot fathom why. I have always been in good standing with the community for almost 15 years now.

Last edited by PGaither84; 10-25-2023 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:01 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I was using discord, and with a screen share, I saw that others could view all of my post history, but I cannot see my own:

I found this thread instead of starting my own and respect what kehlis said, but it is not true anymore as I have seen it for myself with my own eyes as the user I was in discord with demonstrated and was going through my post history.

Can I/we get some help with this?

EDIT: I copy and paste my post history, go to incognito mode, and I can view my posts, but not from my profile? That sure looks like I was blocked by an administrator and I cannot fathom why. I have always been in good standing with the community for almost 15 years now.
Hello - thank you for reaching out.

Couple things,

It's important to know that having to disable to search function and, in turn, the ability to see post history, is absolutely no benefit to anyone. There is quite literally no benefit to even us as moderators to do so.

Remember all the posts that would be closed as "Please use the search function."

We won't do that anymore since the search function is no longer available for most and this leads to cluttering of forums which we aren't a fan of.

You should also know that no one has the ability to disable a single users option to such things. It's a broad entitlement.

You, nor anyone else has been singled out as it affects a broad amount of our users as evidence by this thread (and many others).

When this first happened, it affected EVERYONE including moderators. When we learned we could no longer review post history it was imperative to fix that in order for us to review post history to make fair decisions.

I can't speak to why moderators and supporters were included in the fix but that's where it landed.

I want to be clear that this isn't nor has it ever been a ploy to get more donators. Once we migrate to the new site you will be able to review your post history as you always have as long as it migrates over (unknown at this point).

I don't know anything about discord or how it works. If non supporters were able to find a workaround to see post history that's awesome, I would ask them to share trick.

In the meantime, I would be happy to search for any post of yours (or anyone) that you are looking for. Just PM me whatever details you know about what you're looking for and if I can find it I would be happy to link it to you. (Keep in mind my OS and internet time in general is much more limited than it was a year ago so it may take me some time)

I promise we aren't trying to hide or restrict you from anything. It's simply a matter of site limitation at this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 10:36 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Hello - thank you for reaching out.

Couple things,

It's important to know that having to disable to search function and, in turn, the ability to see post history, is absolutely no benefit to anyone. There is quite literally no benefit to even us as moderators to do so.

Remember all the posts that would be closed as "Please use the search function."

We won't do that anymore since the search function is no longer available for most and this leads to cluttering of forums which we aren't a fan of.

You should also know that no one has the ability to disable a single users option to such things. It's a broad entitlement.

You, nor anyone else has been singled out as it affects a broad amount of our users as evidence by this thread (and many others).

When this first happened, it affected EVERYONE including moderators. When we learned we could no longer review post history it was imperative to fix that in order for us to review post history to make fair decisions.

I can't speak to why moderators and supporters were included in the fix but that's where it landed.

I want to be clear that this isn't nor has it ever been a ploy to get more donators. Once we migrate to the new site you will be able to review your post history as you always have as long as it migrates over (unknown at this point).

I don't know anything about discord or how it works. If non supporters were able to find a workaround to see post history that's awesome, I would ask them to share trick.

In the meantime, I would be happy to search for any post of yours (or anyone) that you are looking for. Just PM me whatever details you know about what you're looking for and if I can find it I would be happy to link it to you. (Keep in mind my OS and internet time in general is much more limited than it was a year ago so it may take me some time)

I promise we aren't trying to hide or restrict you from anything. It's simply a matter of site limitation at this time.

Thank you very much for the wonderful and considerate reply.

When using incognito mode (not signed in), I can view my post history going back 1000 posts - yours and anyone else. When signed in, I am told that I do not have permission.

for example, clicking on your name > view all posts > copy and pate into incognito mode > last page > I find this random example:

10-28-2021, 11:50 PM Replies: 1,263
2021-2022 Hot Stove Thread
Views: 85,950
Posted By kehlis
Re: 2021-2022 Hot Stove Thread

It was sudden, the only thing I've read was due to his cost.

I haven't been this pissed since the A's moved on from Giambi.

I've gotten used to them keeping rosters together with economical...

But, while signed into my account, I get:
PGaither84, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Old 10-25-2023, 10:39 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Thank you very much for the wonderful and considerate reply.

When using incognito mode (not signed in), I can view my post history going back 1000 posts - yours and anyone else. When signed in, I am told that I do not have permission.

for example, clicking on your name > view all posts > copy and pate into incognito mode > last page > I find this random example:

10-28-2021, 11:50 PM Replies: 1,263
2021-2022 Hot Stove Thread
Views: 85,950
Posted By kehlis
Re: 2021-2022 Hot Stove Thread

It was sudden, the only thing I've read was due to his cost.

I haven't been this pissed since the A's moved on from Giambi.

I've gotten used to them keeping rosters together with economical...

But, while signed into my account, I get:
PGaither84, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

That’s a great workaround, thank you for sharing!

I’m sure there are quite a few people who will really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »