Home

Wrigley Organ Sounds

This is a discussion on Wrigley Organ Sounds within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-19-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Wrigley Organ Sounds

I hate how they took the organ out of Wrigley in this game, since the organ they used to have was dead-on in both tone and the tunes that they'd play. So I was able to record some organ sounds from MLB 09: The Show. How? Well, I used the AV output, and putting the RCA into a headphone-jack adapter into my computer. I then put all the other sounds like the PA announcer, crowd, sound effects, and announcer all the way down, and turned off reverb. Then I did one big recording.

Next, I had to use Audacity, because they weren't loud enough. This took some figuring out, because if you simply mess with the gain, the sound gets all distorted. No,you have to use other methods. What I did is I first normalized the track, then did a hard limiter, and normalized it again. It's technical. But now the volume is perfect. I then made several different tracks, and then exported them.

Think it stopped there? Noooo! I then had to get some file to get Audacity to export these tracks as an MP3 instead of a wav file. Otherwise it won't work in Sounds of the Show.

But anyway, these are all tested, they sound great, and the volume is perfect with the preset TV Broadcast sound sliders. I was also able to lift a sound file from Cubs Opening Day 1989, which had some clean organ music without announcers or PA guy (Wayne Messmer) interrupting. And did the same thing to them in Audacity. So now you have walk-up music for guys like Sandberg, Dawson, and Grace.

Yeah, this took some effort, but now the game sounds perfect. Please do download these.

MLB 09: The Show organ files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fb...la1sKFhNoz9n_y

Classic Wrigley Organ files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L8...gXR_yMj3Jpe5Uc

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

gator21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Wrigley Organ Sounds

Thanks for doing this. The more authentic the better. Awesome.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Any way I can add these into our packs? Will give you full credit with your username on each track...
Old 03-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

That is so cool that you took the time to do that
Old 04-07-2018, 08:24 PM   #5
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlighthabit
Any way I can add these into our packs? Will give you full credit with your username on each track...
Not a problem. I actually uploaded the wrong ones, they were the files before I messed with the volume. Those have been deleted, and the correct ones uploaded.

The funny thing about the Wrigley organ is that it brings back memories. Who can forget going to the game with their pops, having a hot dog and a soda, watching your favorite team? In my case, it was the Cubs at Wrigley, and I remember listening to organist Gary Pressy. Small things such as that, or the sign that says "Watch for four balls" with the Cubbie bear holding the glove. Or that guy that would stand outside going "Here, jumbo pea-nuts!". Seems like the stupidest things, but collectively, they bring back those memories.

And I'm glad that people appreciate my work. But that's ultimately what I love about Operation Sports, how literally the whole website is geared towards making a better and more realistic experience for gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
Rookie

muaaahh's Arena

****ing awesome, nicely done!

Thanks for share it and I hope the Lowlighthabit & CujoMatty Crew put on their Cubs Pack.

Thanks again!
Old 01-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #7
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Unfortunately these only work for 17, as I couldn't get them loud enough for 18. I gotta admit, it's really cool hearing "Amazing Grace" on the Wrigley Field organ every time Mark Grace steps into the box.

Last edited by Herschie; 01-19-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:18 PM   #8
Just started!

Hi there! Is the sounds still available? Both google drives links don't work anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »