Home

For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

This is a discussion on For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix) within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-15-2016, 02:35 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

I have come to a conclusion that square brackets - "[" and/or "]" - are a no-no in the naming of the song.

Imported a few songs - one at a time, and totally fine. Imported one more that had [blah blah blah] in the song title, and then crash.

Uninstall & reinstall the game. Imported my original few that were fine and a few more (around the trouble file) and totally fine.

The only different thing about the songs, that I could see, was the aforementioned "[blah blah blah]"
Old 04-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #50
Rookie

kyoojames's Arena

Tldr; Try deleting synchronized lyrics from your mp3s or use a program like Foobar2000 to delete all of your metadata except Artist Name, Track Title, and Album Title. (Using a program like MP3tag DOESN'T show extra metadata tags that may be in your files.

Thanks everyone for posting your ideas and experience with the crashing issue. Fortunately, I've finally figured out the fix (at least on my end).

I've had the same problems and tried out all of your suggestions. Sadly, removing track numbers, checking for corruption with mp3 diags, and removing brackets from the mp3s didn't quite work for me.

Using Foobar2000 and checking files 1 at a time, I noticed a couple of my mp3s that caused crashes had synchronized lyrics embedded in them.

I know others mentioned removing metadata , but using MP3tag didn't show "extra" metadata tags like "Lyrics" but Foobar2000 did. Just to be safe, I removed all metadata tags except: Artist Name, Track Title, and Album Title. After doing this, all of my mp3s now work without crashing the playlist creator or when trying to delete files.

I've tested loading 400+ mp3 files all at once and I've also loaded new mp3s after the inital 400. Everything is working perfectly.

Thanks all and good luck!
Old 04-16-2016, 12:09 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarc1125
How did you discover what file was corrupted? Any tools we can use to scan our mp3s for errors.
Sorry I've have not been on the forums since fixing the issue. Anyways, I used audacity and mp3tag. The corrupt file din't show anything out of the ordinary on my computer. However I was importing in groups of ten files per try. I noticed that my ps4 said 1.2GB was used when the corrupt file was on the drive. I narrowed it down between two of the ten files because I knew 8 of them were on previously without issue. I picked incorrectly and the game froze. So after a reinstall from my backup, deleted the corrupt file off my drive then it worked. I then did a mass install of the 500+ songs without issue.

Something went wrong with the file and I really don't know why since it was fine on my computer I wish I had a definitive cause for you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKoJOO
I have come to a conclusion that square brackets - "[" and/or "]" - are a no-no in the naming of the song.

Imported a few songs - one at a time, and totally fine. Imported one more that had [blah blah blah] in the song title, and then crash.

Uninstall & reinstall the game. Imported my original few that were fine and a few more (around the trouble file) and totally fine.

The only different thing about the songs, that I could see, was the aforementioned "[blah blah blah]"
Funny you say this, my corrupt file: [Viva La Gloria!].mp3 it should also be noted that the "!" was upside down.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #53
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

New patch 1.03 has a fix for "Sounds of the Show could crash within its menus, if you had certain music files with large amounts of metadata. Rare enough but could affect a number of users. This is now fixed."

Does this solve the main problem users are having or is that something else?
Old 04-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #54
Rookie

kyoojames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
New patch 1.03 has a fix for "Sounds of the Show could crash within its menus, if you had certain music files with large amounts of metadata. Rare enough but could affect a number of users. This is now fixed."

Does this solve the main problem users are having or is that something else?
Yeah it sounds exactly like the issue I was having.

Wow, this was driving me crazy since game launch and the patch fixing the issue is released a day after I solved it manually for myself.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:29 AM   #55
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Didn't fix my issues,not being able to delete files and files importing but not showing in the playlist.

I deleted the game about half an hour ago so will be able to play again in a few days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 02:41 AM   #56
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
Didn't fix my issues,not being able to delete files and files importing but not showing in the playlist.

I deleted the game about half an hour ago so will be able to play again in a few days.
Man that sucks so bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »