Home

Trading Eli: franchise

This is a discussion on Trading Eli: franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

eds133's Arena

OVR: 2
Trading Eli: franchise

Hey guys, was curious to what some of you have done with your franchise with trading Eli Manning.

What have you gotten in return/who did you trade for?

Want to do a rebuild with the young pieces they have on offense and either trade for a young QB.. or some picks but with his rating it makes it more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Trading Eli: franchise

Who would want Eli? With his degrading skills and big money contract, don't seem like there would be many takers. Unless you can fleece the CPU as in previous Maddens.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

I would trade him as part of the rebuild. There are a couple young QBs on that roster. As long as one of them has decent arm strength (90+) and at least a couple accuracies closing in on 80, I’d go with one of them. [Caveat - I play franchise in competitive mode. If you play sim mode you may want to go a different route]
Old 08-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Who would want Eli? With his degrading skills and big money contract, don't seem like there would be many takers. Unless you can fleece the CPU as in previous Maddens.
Teams with hurt QB's who are in range to make a playoff push would likely take Eli
Old 08-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Would be a low return at this point in his career. No young quarterbacks or early round picks.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #6
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

Icon12 Re: Trading Eli: franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds133
Hey guys, was curious to what some of you have done with your franchise with trading Eli Manning.

What have you gotten in return/who did you trade for?

Want to do a rebuild with the young pieces they have on offense and either trade for a young QB.. or some picks but with his rating it makes it more difficult.

Hang on to Eli. His rating will be back up in the 80's before season's end and he has one more Super Bowl run left in him.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #7

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll give it to you straight as I'm a Giants fan. At this point Eli has little to no trade value. Hes 37 and close to retirement. Although it wasn't really his fault he didn't have a good season last year. To realistically trade him he needs to play well and a team in playoff contention needs their QB to get hurt just before the deadline. On top of that the Giants need to be out of playoff contention. If he's playing well that will likely not be the case and you don't trade a QB who's playing well while your fighting for a playoff spot. So yea if you wanna be realistic trading Eli at this point is near impossible. If you are able to pull off a trade your getting very little. Oh yeah he makes too much money.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah, no one realistically would take Eli. It seems has their starter for the next 2-3 years on their team already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »