Home

What are your MYGM Plans?

This is a discussion on What are your MYGM Plans? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What are your MYGM Plans?

Since the ps4 releases in a few days I was curious to know what people were going to do when they started their MyGM mode. After the in depth read I see that many of you are excited. Are their any teams you want to pick? Trades you want to make to build your team up? I love association mode, but there was never anything pushing me to try and win the championship, now with demands I love the fact I will have goals to achieve. So here is my scenario I am running in my head already:

New York Knicks, bring them back into their glory days and win a championship. Trade JR and Amare for Rudy Gay and Deandre Jordan. Therefore I am going to have to become a broker to make sure I get the better trade deals. The possibilities are pretty much endless. I would rather my coach be a teacher as most of my players have excellent potential, but knowing coach Mike that is almost impossible lol. Its NY so when we win I plan on raising the prices of concessions and tickets lol. Also, the facilities options are now crazy I definitely plan on getting better weight rooms and equipment for my team so they can get better. These are just a few things I am cooking up in my head, and I was wondering what are you guys thinking of doing and what do you think will be the best way to achieve it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What are your MYGM Plans?

Trade Melo... Keep JR. Smith will always be a good sixth man, but I honestly believe the best thing the Knicks can do is trade Carmelo before the trade deadline. If they can somehow dump Amare on someone, they'll have a ton of cap space, along with an already young, talented core. I'm sure they could possibly lure LeBron to NY with that roster around him. It will be his team, and his team only.

I honestly believe Carmelo will never win a championship, he'll always just be known as a great scorer. In fact, I think I'll do this with the Knicks hahah

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Chickenney's Arena

Doing Philly
  • Make MCW ROY
  • Make Hawes an All Star
  • Fire Brett Brown
  • Hire Allen Iverson
  • Cancel all practices
  • Tank for Wiggins
  • Hire a nice prostitute for Adam Silver for us to win lotto
Old 11-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't know,.. I'll have to sit down with the owner and talk about it,...
Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Sacramento Kings Association

Rajon Rondo/Isaiah Thomas/Ray McCallum
Marcus Thornton/???
Gerald Wallace/Luc Richard Mbah a Moute/???
Zach Randolph/Carl Landry
DeMarcus Cousins/Fab Melo

Trades needed to assemble this roster:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n2p4rro

Fab Melo acquired via Free Agency (That 7FT height will help with protecting the rim when Boogey needs his rest)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll finally be able to run with my Heat again. Maybe trade Bosh ( just to spice things up) and after the big 3 era hopefully wait fir the "generational player" without getting fired by Mr Arison. I love the direction of MyGM because it challenges me even if I'm with miami.

" Don't let the liberal media tell you how to think and feel! If you have hate I'm your heart let it out"

-Clayton Bigsby
Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Indiana Pacers: Start the season as is and start my GM with a trade negotiator. See how Danny Granger accepts coming off the bench and probably trade him for Ben McClemore in a three team trade and Thomas Robinson. Then in free agency sometime make a bid for LA from the Blazers or a stable point guard.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only thing I'm wondering about MyGM is, do you get to pick the team you start on or do you go on interviews with say 5 teams and the way you respond determines who offers you a job? Anyways, if you get to pick your team, here's what I would do to Orlando.

-Trade Jameer Nelson and Arron Afflalo for whatever I think is the best package, most likely a PG and PF.

-Start Oladipo and make him win ROTY.

-Try to make the playoffs

-Clear cap for a run at a nice FA in the Off-Season

-Have a good lineup of

PG: FA/Trade
SG: Victor Oladipo
SF: Tobias Harris or Maurice Harkless
PF: FA/Trade or Tobias Harris
C: Nikola Vucevic

-I would also try to make Vucevic and Harris All-Stars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »