Home

What are your MYGM Plans?

This is a discussion on What are your MYGM Plans? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #81
Rookie

grushcow's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What are your MYGM Plans?

I sort of want to do a rebuild and a team on the cusp. I think the best team to use on the cusp is the Wizards. Big John Wall fan, really like Beal, got a lot of expiring contracts and just drafted Porter. I'd probably try to resign Gortat and either trade Nene or amnesty him if it's in the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #82
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I might go the 76ers route. Make MCW the focal point of my offense, do what everyone else isn't doing and trade Thad Young and keep Evan Turner.

I think Turner can be a good #2 option in the offense behind MCW once he really develops that jumpshot.

I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with Nerlens Noel, but his lack of offense really turns me off. MCW is a rookie, Turner is streaky at best, I want someone who can be a reliable 3rd scoring option if those two are having an off game, Noel could provide that trade bait for me.

What do you guys think I should do? Keep Noel for the year, see how he pans out, or ship him off for picks and a young Wing player so I can try to snag an offensive big man in the draft/FA?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Kevin Durant to the Bulls!!

Somehow manage by trading
Deng, Boozer, Noah

Add in a 3rd team?

Or D.Wade signs with Bulls in FA

Dump Boozer with first round to a lottery team in return for anything to make room, giving Wade a 2 year contract worth ~15mil(Hometown discount, a chance for 3/4 titles in a 5/6 year period)

Hmm continuing to think of how to keep Rose and add the final piece(s)
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not sure if I want to choose the Suns and trade for Eric Gordon since that is where he wanted to go, choosing the Sixers because they are going through a real rebuild, or just using my beloved Bulls. I fill the Bulls will be too easy for me and I would feel bad using another team in the Eastern Conference. MCW is pulling me towards the Sixers though.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #85
Rookie

BDubb3424's Arena

I plan on choosing Lakers as i do every year (favorite team). i plan on holding kobe out until xmas game and do the play one sim three method. if the wheels fall of (which they probably will) i will trade nash to a contender for a 2nd round pick. i want the guy to have a shot at the title before he retires. once kobe comes back i will be competitive but probably wont make the playoffs. once offseason comes i hope to at least have a top 7 pick, exum and parker are the two guys i would love to draft. if i draft exum i plan on signing kobe, evan turner, greg monroe, and maybe pau depends on price.

hope to start that next season with a lineup of

exum
kobe
turner
pau
monroe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1

Cavs.

Hope to compete for the 7th seed year one
Old 11-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #87
Rookie

eds133's Arena

OVR: 2

Growing up I was a fan of the Hornets. I am going to take on the New Orleans Pelicans and totally rebuild it to what they looked like in the early 90's with a few tweaks.

PG: Look into drafting an athletic PG who can make big plays

SG: Athletic but can shoot the 3 efficiently.

SF: A beast athletically who can create as well. See if I can't get LBJ in the first off season

PF: I like Davis.. He is who I will build around

C: An enforcer in the paint.

2nd Option: Cavs

Sign LBJ in the first offseason and have him team up with Irving on the court to bring Cleveland a title.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #88
Rookie

Loving the ideas! I cannot wait to get into this mode. I have a feeling it's going to be deep. I just don't want everything to be the same every year. Hopefully some variety is present.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »