Home

Old 02-17-2024, 04:02 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Draft Strength

Guys that have been through multiple seasons. Will leaving auto generated daft classes on normal over populate positions like QB, WR, CB after so many seasons? Has generators/dice rolls made draft classes more stable for franchise longevity?

I dont plan on buying another Madden, so I'd like to really go deep in my CFM.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2024, 02:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Draft Strength

From my experience, if I have everything at normal except 3 positions at strong, the normal positions are relatively weak. So Ive gone back to having everything at normal and let it be more random every season. But Im curious to see if others have figured it out.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:15 AM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

I tried doing some reading and searching. I thought draft strength was position strength, not player strength in that position.

Example, if QB is normal, then you have 25 QBs in the draft with lets say 2 in the 80's, 12 in the 70s, 8 in 60s, rest in 50's.
QB Strong, you still have 25 in the draft, but 6 will be 80s, 18 in 70s, etc.

However, I thought strength was if you had it at normal, you'd see 25 qbs and if you had it at weak, you'd see 18 qbs.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 02-21-2024, 06:15 PM   #4
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

At first I used to leave most on normal except for the positions that are strong usually in FA. For example for wrs I may put it to weak because you can get solid wrs in the FA still and same with CBs

But recently I have done the method that Armor has done on his thread where you go to a site that randomizes a number between 1-10 and that determines the strength of a position group
Old 02-22-2024, 07:22 AM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
At first I used to leave most on normal except for the positions that are strong usually in FA. For example for wrs I may put it to weak because you can get solid wrs in the FA still and same with CBs

But recently I have done the method that Armor has done on his thread where you go to a site that randomizes a number between 1-10 and that determines the strength of a position group
I left all at normal for year 1, but I was going to use Armors method as well next season. That's what has me debating which to use. It isn't clear if its position strength or player IN position strength

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Will leaving auto generated daft classes on normal over populate positions like QB, WR, CB after so many seasons? Has generators/dice rolls made draft classes more stable for franchise longevity?
Normal Strength Draft classes will still experience randomness of player generation, as well as strong and weak positional groups that year. E.g. A generational QB talent (>90ovr and XF dev) can generate on Normal, but on Very Strong has much greater probability as all QB generation gets a lift (imagine a bell curve distribution of Ovr at a position, and then move the curve to the right).

Weak and Very Weak draft classes act like they're shifting the curve to the left but the draft classes generated will still have some players in the 70-75ovr range at a position but the likelihood of >75 drops significantly.

When using a generator that randomises draft class strength varying per group, the draft class expected range of those groups shifts relative to the strengths or weaknesses. E.g. A very strong OT class will have 10+ Top5, 1st and 1st-2nd LT/RT, a handful of 2-3 and Day3 and the rest UDFA and this will displace the other position groups set to Normal strength (so the LT/RT will occupy more of the 1st round, such as the HB, WR, QB etc will get pushed down rounds and even further displace any group set to Weak or Very Weak). Over time this randomness balances out over multiple seasons thankfully, I have a Very Strong QB class followed by a Weak class using my generator and you can plan your Free Agency and draft/trades accordingly.

You can use non randomised draft class strengths with adjusted XP sliders to offset some of the bias in the draft class generator permanently too. E.g. setting WR to permanently Weak with a 10-20% boost to XP slider means less 70+ WR rookies entering the league and less high picks at those positions but all players develop faster (especially with Dev, mentor or and as a future starter etc). Similarly the QB draft classes can be too strong over time, or the defensive groups too weak compared to NFL trends etc.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:54 PM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Normal Strength Draft classes will still experience randomness of player generation, as well as strong and weak positional groups that year. E.g. A generational QB talent (>90ovr and XF dev) can generate on Normal, but on Very Strong has much greater probability as all QB generation gets a lift (imagine a bell curve distribution of Ovr at a position, and then move the curve to the right).

Weak and Very Weak draft classes act like they're shifting the curve to the left but the draft classes generated will still have some players in the 70-75ovr range at a position but the likelihood of >75 drops significantly.

When using a generator that randomises draft class strength varying per group, the draft class expected range of those groups shifts relative to the strengths or weaknesses. E.g. A very strong OT class will have 10+ Top5, 1st and 1st-2nd LT/RT, a handful of 2-3 and Day3 and the rest UDFA and this will displace the other position groups set to Normal strength (so the LT/RT will occupy more of the 1st round, such as the HB, WR, QB etc will get pushed down rounds and even further displace any group set to Weak or Very Weak). Over time this randomness balances out over multiple seasons thankfully, I have a Very Strong QB class followed by a Weak class using my generator and you can plan your Free Agency and draft/trades accordingly.

You can use non randomised draft class strengths with adjusted XP sliders to offset some of the bias in the draft class generator permanently too. E.g. setting WR to permanently Weak with a 10-20% boost to XP slider means less 70+ WR rookies entering the league and less high picks at those positions but all players develop faster (especially with Dev, mentor or and as a future starter etc). Similarly the QB draft classes can be too strong over time, or the defensive groups too weak compared to NFL trends etc.
Great explanation of it. Thanks Mattanite. That and seeing your generator has helped explain how it works.

Old 03-01-2024, 05:02 PM   #8
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Guys that have been through multiple seasons. Will leaving auto generated daft classes on normal over populate positions like QB, WR, CB after so many seasons? Has generators/dice rolls made draft classes more stable for franchise longevity?

I dont plan on buying another Madden, so I'd like to really go deep in my CFM.
I'm midway through season 9. Haven't touched the draft class sliders. League universe is very well balanced.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »