Home

Undisputed Career Mode and Character Creator Breakdown

This is a discussion on Undisputed Career Mode and Character Creator Breakdown within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2023, 11:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Undisputed Career Mode and Character Creator Breakdown

If you've been following Undisputed from the beginning, the recent news announced by Undisputed Community Manager...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 07:13 AM   #2
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Undisputed Career Mode and Character Creator Breakdown

I am slightly confused about this title and I have just skimmed every article about this game so forgive me but is this coming out to the console?
Old 09-20-2023, 08:48 AM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
I am slightly confused about this title and I have just skimmed every article about this game so forgive me but is this coming out to the console?

No announcement has been made yet for when it will come to consoles but that's not necessarily a bad thing though. Let the PC crowd work the kinks out
Old 09-20-2023, 10:17 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
They've hinted at a console release at some point but the game is still in Early Access on Steam so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon
Old 09-20-2023, 07:21 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Just want to add my thoughts on the final part of the article -- yes they are a small studio, but that is exactly why I've been so critical. When this was very first announced it was presented as a very realistic game for the boxing purist. I still remember the early videos where it was all about putting together a foundation for the best possible boxing experience.

Since those early videos, they've pivoted. They changed their scope and started chasing getting as many licensed boxers in the game as possible. To use a comparison to another video game genre, they decided to skip making Divinity Original Sin and jumped straight into making Baldur's Gate 3. About a year ago my hype for this game took a nosedive. I haven't even purchased it yet because early reviews and feedback do not paint a pretty picture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2023, 03:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looks and sounds promising. One feature that I really would like is the possibility to "populate" your universe (either in career mode or in a sandbox mode of some sort) with the fighters of your choice. Imagine creating a ton of CAF:s and play through whatever era you like.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:38 PM   #7
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
They've hinted at a console release at some point but the game is still in Early Access on Steam so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon
it's more than a hint, it WILL be on consoles when they ship the game.

I'm personally STOKED about career mode. IT has so many elements no combat game before it has other than text sims. You pick your whole team (manager, coach/trainer, cutman) ..there are elements to 'energy' and weight leading up to the fight. The line-items for negotiation include arena, rematch clause, date, purse % etc... it's great. Like the poster above mentioned the create looks quite good so assuming you could populate the already massive roster w/ your own would be great. The 'stacked' divisions that have like 20 licensed guys will be fun because you may face 6-10 scrubs early on, but it would soon be entirely real pro fighters on the rankings.

I also love that there are 4 belts and the ultimate goal would be to be 'undisputed' at some point in your career.

One thing that could partially ruin all of this is if they force you to play lame mini-games. The management aspect of it is enough that as it stands it may take you 10min to line up and sim the pre-fight stuff as it is. Don't make me do some moronic quick time event thing to boost my stats, just make it randomized and like an rpg.

It's also cool for boxing fans that they can do a full career with their fav real boxer and it's not limited to ONLY create a boxer.

Even with all my issues with the game I'm still playing and still having fun. over 400 ranked fights is quite a lot given that a 12 rounder will take over 20min

They also mentioned they are doing additional mo-cap to iron out problems with the punching at this point which is super promissing - they are doing it specifically to target either animations they are missing or replacing existing ones that don't work or finally just adding more variety.

Career will be a great way to dive into single player for longer play-sessions. A lot of good things coming - only downside is full release is quite further away than most (including them) thought.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Agreed allBthere!
I'm stoked for this Career mode. Definite first day buy when it hits consoles.

And like you said, my only fear is training mini-games.
I've given up on the idea that we'll see a console boxing game where fighters ratings were static and you just had to deal with a fighter having subpar power or handspeed.

One of the Victorious Boxers games had some great training depth.
Want to work on your handspeed? Spar with 20oz gloves.
Need to sharper your left hook, throw it a tonne in sparring.
Stuff like that.

I'm not expecting this in Undisputed, but based on what they've revealed so far, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that training won't be the same old copy/paste we've seen from every single boxing game over the past 20 years (minus VB)

Last edited by Money99; 09-25-2023 at 01:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »