Home

Undisputed Career Mode and Character Creator Breakdown

This is a discussion on Undisputed Career Mode and Character Creator Breakdown within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2023, 01:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Undisputed Career Mode and Character Creator Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
it's more than a hint, it WILL be on consoles when they ship the game.

I'm personally STOKED about career mode.
But don't you play mostly online? What do you think about single player? I've dabbled with it on intermediate level and find it excruciatingly boring. It's like you're going through the motions. I confess I don't have a lot of offline hours logged in because I don't have the patience.
Old 09-25-2023, 04:57 PM   #10
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0

I cant wait for this game to come to console.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:54 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
But don't you play mostly online? What do you think about single player? I've dabbled with it on intermediate level and find it excruciatingly boring. It's like you're going through the motions. I confess I don't have a lot of offline hours logged in because I don't have the patience.
I would give it another shot. They update the AI with every update. Fighting against the AI on Undisputed difficulty is a much more enjoyable experience now. AI actually use the tools at hand rather then just walk forward and punch. A good counter puncher will have you swinging at air most of the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2023, 02:08 PM   #12
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
normally I play most sports games offline - this one because it's just single matches and the AI has gone through the ringer I am mostly online yes.

The updates have drastically changed the AI - it went from crazy hard to non-existent and now it's back to being a challenge again not just on undisputed - but also Pro (I think). The judges are rigged and I lost 2 decisions I should have won.

That said, creating a boxer and going through the ranks with all the negotiation stuff in and of itself will be fun and with the current AI it should be fun. When I do play offline 1/2 the time I boost the damage at least one notch so we'll see with career. CPU used to initiate clinches which I don't see NOW but expect in the future, so with the odd illegal blow and clinching that should help the offline pace to get closer to real boxing.

Overall though, the AI still needs a lot of work because fighting a real person - even if they are using non-boxing tactics or cheese - still provides a noticeable difference like how they are slipping punches (or not) ...vs the AI it feels too much like it's doing its thing according to your inputs rather than 'watching' your fighter if that makes sense.

You might want to also have some online fights just to check it out too! There is zero socializing and when it works it can be pretty good.

Either way, career is a huge addition I'll be using 100%. I want to get undisputed and all that smoke. The creator actually looks really good too.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
I only play offline on Undisputed difficulty...

Its completely broken and not challenging, the AI in its current state is not at all suitable for a game marketing itself as a boxing simulation...Nowhere close to where it needs to be...The AI fights the exact same way with every boxer of the roster, its movement and counter focused...Doesn't matter who you select to fight against, the AI has the reflexes of prime FMJ with everyone on the roster...

This makes it very easy to figure out and time, especially against slower boxers...I've had one fight go past the 4th round on Undisputed difficulty and that was because I fought Canelo with the worst boxer on the WW roster...

If the AI isn't drastically improved, I definitely won't be wasting my time with career mode...There is no point to that IMO...

Last edited by Bamtino; 10-05-2023 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:55 AM   #14
MVP

These guys can still win some hearts and minds if they do this correctly. Lately, I've been playing at an increased pace while at the same time waiting for UFC 5 to release in order to see which title I would naturally lean towards. It's definitely turning out to be Undisputed, and with me being a heavy critic, that's a plus for Undisputed lol!

I think Steel City is really on to something here. The last patch was successful imo as far as increasing the punch impact (seems better online than offline), but not so much with the boxer A.I. Overall, the A.I. appears to fight better, but there's no delineation between boxer personalities as they seem to all use the same aggressive strategy abusing that odd sidestep (which doesn't go with the game by the way, its more of an arcade style mechanic). A.I. boxers don't use loose movement either, which takes away from the aesthetics of the game replicating a real boxing match.

The boxer movement is head over heels crushing UFC 5 hands down (as far as real world physics integration is concerned). I think the movement can be sped up juuuuust a bit, along with punch speed. It doesn't feel like you can really "let your hands go" and get busy, needs to be loosened up overall.

I can see the devs vision and I think they're just about there with the above listed tweaks. Once again:

- Create different boxer types for A.I. and apply individually, i.e. brawler, outside boxer, etc. Right now, it appears all A.I. is fighting under "swarmer/brawler" set.
- Ensure A.I. is using "loose movement" and actually moving around the ring, not just pressing up to you (this could be tied into boxer personality A.I. set).
- Remove the odd arcade "duck" sidestep, or make it more subtle. The aesthetic of this mechanic needs to change.
- Speed up boxer movement slightly, there's a "stuck in sand" feeling to the matches that could use some improvement.
- Loosen up the character models and allow more fluid and savage combos.

Lastly, any information on career mode release? I'm hoping this week, but "fall" is considered September, October, November, so we could be waiting for another entire month.
Old 10-26-2023, 03:05 PM   #15
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

The AI main guy posts on their discord and he knows there is a long way to go. He mentioned what's coming in the next update (6) and beyond that. There's a lot to be added on the roadmap - so I'm not as concerned as he's been in the role for about 4-5 months and still has another 4-5 months (imo) before the game leaves early access. There was even talk alluding to the addition of sliders - so we'll see.

I agree regarding UFC as I'm playing the trial. To be fair there are some things it does do well - the blood, the ko replays, the clinch. But the movement is terrible - head movement is ok though - striking animation and fluidity is so inconsistent. I don't think I'll be buying the game -

For the update - yeah it could be anytime but 2 things to keep in mind. The next update coming any day now will NOT have career. A poster mentioned that on discord - so there are 2 updates planned in the near term, next one will have damage and a couple of fighters and AI tweaked - the one after that is the big carreer one. With Career though, it was playable at gamescom so that leads me to believe it's far enough along to release in early access and they're likely dealing more with bugs and other kinks to release it. It's not like they can't add to it in future updates, so I'm imagining they just need to to work consistently en mass before letting it out .... So in other words I think update 6 is next week and 7 including career will come mid-late NOV (all guesses by me but not unreasonable)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 01:04 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
The AI main guy posts on their discord and he knows there is a long way to go. He mentioned what's coming in the next update (6) and beyond that. There's a lot to be added on the roadmap - so I'm not as concerned as he's been in the role for about 4-5 months and still has another 4-5 months (imo) before the game leaves early access. There was even talk alluding to the addition of sliders - so we'll see.

I agree regarding UFC as I'm playing the trial. To be fair there are some things it does do well - the blood, the ko replays, the clinch. But the movement is terrible - head movement is ok though - striking animation and fluidity is so inconsistent. I don't think I'll be buying the game -

For the update - yeah it could be anytime but 2 things to keep in mind. The next update coming any day now will NOT have career. A poster mentioned that on discord - so there are 2 updates planned in the near term, next one will have damage and a couple of fighters and AI tweaked - the one after that is the big carreer one. With Career though, it was playable at gamescom so that leads me to believe it's far enough along to release in early access and they're likely dealing more with bugs and other kinks to release it. It's not like they can't add to it in future updates, so I'm imagining they just need to to work consistently en mass before letting it out .... So in other words I think update 6 is next week and 7 including career will come mid-late NOV (all guesses by me but not unreasonable)
Something told me that the career mode wouldn't drop until sometime in November (looking forward to it). Great that there will be another update in a few days and I'm excited to see who the new boxers will be along with the A.I. updates. Been playing online a lot lately and actually coming across some very good matches with sim style players. I've been surprised about that as that is usually something that has to be "curated" imo, i.e building up a base of like minded players, but this has been completely random matches with some great players that appear to 'have and carry over' a boxer iq into the matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »