View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 10:41 PM   #10
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Rise of Ronin PS5 videos thread

Finally beat the game. Apparently, I put 58 hours into that game lol. That has to be the most time I spent on a game. I wouldn't say I 100% the game. I did all the collecting in the areas, but I didn't do the part after you completed the game. After putting in 58 hours, I was done with the game to do essentially the New Game Plus. I agree with O-Dogg, after I got my weapon proficiency and Attack level to a certain point, I was able to go on the offensive and not feel so counter-dependent

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. I probably could've saved 15-20 hours if I didn't want to do all the collecting and side missions. But, I wanted to take my time with this game. I still don't like how little the protagonist speaks. When the protagonist actually speaks it feels so random and surprising. Also, don't like how lifeless the protagonist seems. The characters in general could've more life to them. I know early on visuals was a talking point. I didn't have an issue with visuals. But, I will say that it does visually look like a PS4 game, but, I don't have an issue with that. There was a lot in the game where I didn't really learn until the game was almost over that could've helped early on

What I'm about to say isn't fully geared towards this game, but it's geared towards open world games in general. I don't really like how predictable and bloated most open world games are. While I did put 58 hours into this game doing as much as I could, most of the game felt repetitive and bloated. I'm not complaining, but there were times where I thought "it's not over yet?". Again, I did enjoy the game.