Old 04-25-2024, 09:03 PM   #508
Redwings19c
Rookie

Redwings19c's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
That is weird about the sim stats. We don't look at the sim numbers. We just worry about the pitcher usage and complete games. No sliders should be affecting those numbers. Everybody has said and the consensus is that only the stamina, hook, and injury sliders matter when you sim.

But, a couple of years ago I remember reading Warmwind's slider thread. I believe it was in there and he had a post about the higher the stamina, the higher the ERA's are across the league. And the hook slider affected strikeouts or something. His slider thread from 2020 I believe is huge so that will take some time finding the post if it is in there. I believe it is.

For the walks, you could lower CPU strike frequency if you aren't using quick counts. I would start going down to 4 and see if that is better. I lowered the pitch speeds so I could read the pitches better and I can lay off more close pitches. When I would hit without quick counts, I would always take until I get a strike. Especially the first time around.

Oh, I see. I didn´t know that sliders had no impact on sim numbers. Good to know. Well, either some teams are just on a long hot streak or the 10 manager hook may have an effect. Do you still have it on 10? I actually am very satisfied, there were just 3 complete games, lots of pitchers leave in the 4th (lower rankings) or 5th (bad game).

Ok, thanks, I will go down with strike frequency, I will see, what it does. I don´t want to touch speed - it just doesn´t feel right, when it is too slow.