View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 08:53 PM   #56
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Your thoughts on digital games versus owning them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
I agree with everything you said and am also currently subscribed to GameFly but will cancel it before my next charge date which is May 2nd. Reason being is that I decided to buy Stellar Blade digitally and Hellblade 2 will be played via Game Pass since there's no physical copy of the game. After those two games though, I don't have any new games until Star Wars Outlaws which I will play via Ubisoft+. So basically no reason for me to spend the $35 a month for the next four months.
I was tempted to cancel it the last couple years. The last couple years I really didn't get the most out of it. I rationalized it by thinking as long as I rent X amount of games that would equal the total subscription price divided by full price. So last couple years, I might only rent 4-5 games a year(only did 1 game per month). There would be times where I would go a couple months. But this time around, I'm getting more bang for my buck. Whether it's games or DVDs. I'm already at 11 games and movies since I renewed it a couple months ago. I'm trying more games that I normally wouldn't. I'm currently renting The Rise of Ronin. I normally wouldn't try. I'm enjoying it. It's going to be a while before the next game I'm interested in comes out, but that's where DVDS and older games

I'm not into collecting games either. Once I'm done with a game, I'm done with it. I don't want to see it laying around. If I replay a game, it's usually years later when I can don't remember most of it. Besides an old 360 game, I can't remember the last game I bought physically. But, I'm definitely buying EA CFB 25 physically. Hell, I might even pre-order it at Gamestop