Old 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM   #506
DamnYanks2
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2023-24 College Hoops Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Hogs
When your AD has to come out and issue a statement that your coach will be here next year its a bad sign. We are in the same boat with our football coach Sam Pittman, Yurachek issued a statement on Twitter last year that he will be our coach this year despite going 4-8 last year.

This is what concerns me the most with Cal coming in, he has to be able to get the job done in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament. The expectations at UK and Arkansas are completely different but I also feel like our basketball team is trending up right now because of Muss, I would really like to continue that success.

Muss is not a good X's and O's coach either, at times his half court offense is hard to watch especially this year, although its been reported here that he was looking to leave for another job before the season started. Muss doesnt run set plays for some of his players sometimes they just stand around on offense and jack up a contested 2 or 3 point shot as the shot clock is expiring.
You and Arkansas fans are gonna love Calipari. He did a tremendous job at Kentucky his first 7 years. He just fell off after that. He'll have a fresh start and lower expectations. It won't surprise me a bit if he has Arkansas contending quite quickly.

He'll attract talent that Arkansas normally couldn't access before and he'll get the ball rolling. I have a feeling he's gonna be motivated. Just get ready for some mediocre play calling at times ,canned lines, and no zone defense lol.

As annoyed as I have been with Cal. He's still a game changer and has the ability to make any program relevant on his recruiting alone.

It's a slam dunk hire for Arkansas