View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 06:16 PM   #320
RIFRIG
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
I agree. I don't think Tiger 11-14 was the ultimate gameplay but to me it is vastly superior to the current game. Bad lies matter. You had the right stick to "pick" the ball out of the rough and sand (to me this is still best replication of hitting out of trouble in any golf game). Swing stick was real time with golfers on screen. There wasn't random.

What we need is someone to take the putting and swing from PGA 2K23, the play out of hazards of Tiger 13, the physics and weather of Tiger 13, the career mode of either Riger 13 or EA Golf, and the visuals of EA golf and meld them together.

I've said it before but the random in the EA game is so odd to me. I've golfed most if my life and if I felt the results were random I would quit. The way the ball flies is based on the execution of the shot. You may get "random" bounces and hops but the ball goes how you hit it.

I can play EA golf on 3 click after messing around with my skills and get an ok game. But to me swing stick isn't even option (I hit it straight almost every time despite the same motion in PGA 2K23 resulting in many mi****s). The random, the lack of sand/rough penalties in most situations, the slow golfer animations not matching real time with inputs.....just too many negatives to really make EA Golf qualify as great golf game.

If Tiger 13 didn't take 5 minutes to load between every hole and play so slow I'd take that over EA Golf current game without hesitation. To me it was both more fun and better represented golf
13 was an easy mechanic that didn’t really present any challenge. 11,12 & 14 had challenging swing options though.