View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 03:38 PM   #314
ripwalk
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101

1) It is disappointing to me that custom entry doesn't allow for quick counts. My typical way to play is to play entire game but with quick counts on.

I do find the custom entry addition to be intriguing and have played around with it. Not sure if I'd stick with it or not but what I've found out in my test plays is that with the type of custom entry conditions I would like, the loss of quick counts is making the game almost as long as normal full game with quick counts on. So the only real benefit for me is if I raise the entry conditions significantly.

Applaud the idea. I think the custom entry conditions is potentially a fun way to play for those who want some impact on games but don't want to play full 162. I really wish they would add quick counts to this feature however.
I couldn’t agree with this more. I can’t seem to enjoy playing the game without quick counts … pitch counts way too low on both ends… I’m up 0-2 way too often when pitching …Can’t draw enough walks. I just don’t enjoy it.

Custom entry really excited me as I do like to get in and out of games quickly … but as you said, it’s a feature targeted at people who like to get through games quickly while still having an impact … yet it doesn’t allow you to use the other feature that appeals to these same types of people.