View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 02:31 PM   #58
countryboy
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Cardinals Drop 2 of 3 to Phillies in St.Louis

The Cardinals (7-6) dropped another 3 game series at home, this time to the Phillies.

The Cards won Monday night in a thrilling comeback against the Phillies where they scored 4 runs in the final two innings to tie the game and then walked it off in the 10th on a Willson Contreras single. But they would get beat on Tuesday night by Zach Wheeler and on Wednesday afternoon, would waste a beautiful start by Miles Mikolas and lose in extra innings this time.

Nolan Arenado did hit his first homerun of the 2024 season, so hopefully this is a sign that things will turn around. Arenado has just one homerun with 2 RBIs to got with a .187 average thru the first two weeks of the season.

The Cardinals are off on Thursday as they travel west to face the Diamondbacks for a 3 game weekend series in Arizona, and then follow that up with a 3 game series in Oakland against the competitive A's.

Around the League

* The Reds have placed SS/IF Elly de la Cruz on the 60 Day IL with a broken hand. The Reds who expect to be competitive in a wide open NL Central, will now deal with missing a key piece until around the first part of July.

* The A's have called up top prospect Jacob Wilson to the big league club. Wilson was called up and added to the 40 man roster after Aledmys Diaz was placed on the 10 Day IL.

* The Washington Nationals would like a re-do on the start of the season. The Nats started the season 0-11 before getting their first win.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals