View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 10:00 PM   #48
DirtBallNation
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Month 1 is in the books for the Nationals in this franchise. At this point, the only direction is up. After a 6-1 start to the year, we fell completely flat on our face and sitting in last place of the division with an 11-18 record. There’s struggling and then there’s the 2024 Washington Nationals.

5 days into the season, Joey Gallo suffered a broken hand, so he’s out 1-2 months. Some Guys have been underperforming so bad that we did a minor roster change just a few weeks into the season.

-We ended up signing Eric Lauer to a 2 year deal right after the season started because I was worried about our rotation. I sent him to AAA to get loose before joining the big league club.
-After Gallo went down, we called up Travis Blankenhorn to help with depth in the infield.
-couple weeks later, with results not being good, we had to make some more changes. We called up Lauer and sent down Joan Adon to AAA, after a very promising spring camp. On the trip home, he must’ve forgot how to pitch because he was awful.
- and toward the end of the month, we traded away Luis Garcia for Richie Palacios. I don’t plan on having Garcia apart of the franchise for long term and I wanted a guy that could play everywhere. On the same day, we DFA’d Ildemaro Vargas, after his start to the year was abysmal and he isn’t helping us.
-we later ended up getting a trade request from the blue jays. They wanted Richard Bleier for Genesis Cabrera. I felt like because of ages and overalls, I’d be receiving much more than I’d be giving up so I countered with Bleier, Vargas and an additional prospect for Cabrera. = addition by subtraction.

It’s definitely been a tough start to the year but our big 4 OFers (Crews, Wood, Green and Hassell) are off to a decent start to the year, so if things fall into place, maybe we’ll see 1 or 2 of them this year. Crews is at AAA and the others are in AA.

Other than that, I’ll check back in at the end of April and hopefully I have a little better update for everyone.

Our bright spots so far…

Lane Thomas: .330avg, .875ops, 5 HR
CJ Abrams: .315avg, .889ops, 6 HR

Hunter Harvey: 0.82era, 9 for 9 save opps

There’s a couple other shimmers of good but not too much. I’d love to share the bad with you all but I’ll save everyone the time.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS

Last edited by DirtBallNation; 03-16-2024 at 11:47 PM.