View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 06:33 PM   #46
countryboy
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Cardinals Sweep the Padres in San Diego

The Cardinals (5-2) swept the Padres in a 3 game series to begin the week in San Diego. The Cardinals outscored the Friars 16-3 over the series.

Lance Lynn got things started on Monday with a masterful performance going 8 innings allowing no runs on just 4 hits. He was lifted in the 9th for Ryan Helsley who saved his 2 game of the season. Nolan Gorman finally swung the bat with purpose as he drove in a run on solo shot. Goldschmidt and Contreras provided the other runs in the 3-1 victory.

Tuesday was Sonny Gray and just like Opening Day, Sonny Gray delivered. Gray would get a complete game shutout as the Cardinals cruised 8-0 over the Padres. Nolan Gorman had 2 homeruns and 6 RBIs on the day.

Wednesday's finale was Kyle Gibson's turn on the bump. While Gibson again didn't have lights out stuff, he missed enough bats as the Cardinals won 4-2. Alec Burleson in his first game of 2024, hit a 3 run bomb in the 6th to make it 3-2 Cardinals. Lars Nootbaar would add a solo shot in the 8th to make it 4-2 the final tally after Ryan Helsley saved his 3rd game of the young season.

The Cardinals will now head home for the first game at Busch Stadium in 2024 as they host the Marlins for a 3 game weekend series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals