View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 10:21 AM   #5
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 24 vs Madden 23

I have gone back to playing M23 because at the end of the day, due to 2 glaring issues, it is the superior game.

Madden 24 issue #1: CPU play calling.
If you want anything that slightly resembles NFL play calling and actual true run/pass ratio; you will not find it will M24. All of the playbooks, including the generic playbooks, have the CPU passing way too much. This is mentioned in a couple of threads here and is a major issue. Especially because the sim engine in franchise mode does not have this issue. For me, this alone is a killer for franchise mode.

Madden 24 issue #2: 3-4 Defense Bug
This is a huge issue that EA will not even mention. While it is easy to fix for the user, it is only possible to fix for the CPU if you go in and change the depth chart for each team. While that is certainly doable, it is a ridiculous adjustment that we as players have to make in order for the game to play correctly.

M23 has neither of these issues. Yes, some M23 playbooks are a little too pass heavy, but that can be adjusted by a couple of playbooks adjustments for CPU teams. The 3-4 bug is simply not there for M23.

Another minor issue is penalties. While penalties are a problem in both games, I can consistently get a fair amount of penalties in M23 but not in M24.

Now, if none of the above bothers you, yes, M24 is a slightly better game. Not overwhelmingly better, but slightly better.
Advertisements - Register to remove