Home

Madden 24 vs Madden 23

This is a discussion on Madden 24 vs Madden 23 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-15-2024, 09:32 AM   #1
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Madden 24 vs Madden 23

So, I tried Madden 24 early on in the release cycle.

I thought there was some good, but the game just never felt right to me. Glaring issue I couldn't get past was the run-pass ratio. Even in sims it was really bad.

I re-installed Madden 23 last night to check in on a franchise I started. I'm curious how people feel about 23 vs 24.

Is 23 worth revisiting, or is 24 that much better?

Getting the football itch with the free agency frenzy going on.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 09:37 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 24 vs Madden 23

I think 24 is the best in several eras.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...franchise.html
Old 03-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #3
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

After all the updates, I like where the gameplay is. Therefore, with the info released by Charles Davis verifying, there will be multiple announcers going in to record commentary for m25 and the way the gameplay improved over the winter. I'd say 24 is in a better place than 23, and m25 will hopefully start to give us the game we've been looking for. I am actually starting another franchise over in 24 bc the gameplay was so much better in the later stages of this release.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2024, 10:01 AM   #4
Rookie

I played 23 for a long while before getting 24 recently. 24 is way better.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:21 AM   #5
MVP

I have gone back to playing M23 because at the end of the day, due to 2 glaring issues, it is the superior game.

Madden 24 issue #1: CPU play calling.
If you want anything that slightly resembles NFL play calling and actual true run/pass ratio; you will not find it will M24. All of the playbooks, including the generic playbooks, have the CPU passing way too much. This is mentioned in a couple of threads here and is a major issue. Especially because the sim engine in franchise mode does not have this issue. For me, this alone is a killer for franchise mode.

Madden 24 issue #2: 3-4 Defense Bug
This is a huge issue that EA will not even mention. While it is easy to fix for the user, it is only possible to fix for the CPU if you go in and change the depth chart for each team. While that is certainly doable, it is a ridiculous adjustment that we as players have to make in order for the game to play correctly.

M23 has neither of these issues. Yes, some M23 playbooks are a little too pass heavy, but that can be adjusted by a couple of playbooks adjustments for CPU teams. The 3-4 bug is simply not there for M23.

Another minor issue is penalties. While penalties are a problem in both games, I can consistently get a fair amount of penalties in M23 but not in M24.

Now, if none of the above bothers you, yes, M24 is a slightly better game. Not overwhelmingly better, but slightly better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 10:41 AM   #6
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I have gone back to playing M23 because at the end of the day, due to 2 glaring issues, it is the superior game.

Madden 24 issue #1: CPU play calling.
If you want anything that slightly resembles NFL play calling and actual true run/pass ratio; you will not find it will M24. All of the playbooks, including the generic playbooks, have the CPU passing way too much. This is mentioned in a couple of threads here and is a major issue. Especially because the sim engine in franchise mode does not have this issue. For me, this alone is a killer for franchise mode.

Madden 24 issue #2: 3-4 Defense Bug
This is a huge issue that EA will not even mention. While it is easy to fix for the user, it is only possible to fix for the CPU if you go in and change the depth chart for each team. While that is certainly doable, it is a ridiculous adjustment that we as players have to make in order for the game to play correctly.

M23 has neither of these issues. Yes, some M23 playbooks are a little too pass heavy, but that can be adjusted by a couple of playbooks adjustments for CPU teams. The 3-4 bug is simply not there for M23.

Another minor issue is penalties. While penalties are a problem in both games, I can consistently get a fair amount of penalties in M23 but not in M24.

Now, if none of the above bothers you, yes, M24 is a slightly better game. Not overwhelmingly better, but slightly better.
The playcalling was really the one that I couldn't get past. The run/pass ratios were so extreme.

What's the 3-4 defense bug?

Old 03-15-2024, 10:53 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
The playcalling was really the one that I couldn't get past. The run/pass ratios were so extreme.

What's the 3-4 defense bug?
If you use a 3-4 defense, the Dline is in the wrong spot based on the depth chart. The LDE is fine in normal formations, but your 1st DT will play RDE and your 2nd DT will play Nose. Your RDE will not be on the field. Then the rushing DE positions cause further problems.

If can be "fixed" by making those adjustments on the depth chart, but in order to do that for the CPU in franchise you have to control the team you are going to play against and fix it. Also, as the used, if you use the in game adjustments and set the CBs match (i cannot remember the ingame terminology) it will fix it for the player.

It does not impact 4-3 defenses.

Oddly enough, custom playbooks do not have this issue either.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:40 AM   #8
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I play H2H and I've felt like 24 is superior to 23, with the very notable point that they took out the ability to choose how your AI defenders play passes in the air and hid Match coverage in the adjustments. Otherwise I think it plays a good game.

Madden 21 on the next Gen patch is still my favorite so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »