View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 08:38 PM   #477
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Micro- transactions as much as I hate that
VC could revived a lot of sports titles
Including the most hated 2k boxing game Prize fighter 🥊
I get the MTX angle. But, I think MTX is a more viable option in College Football than College Basketball. For me, the main 3 ways MTX are implemented in sports games are UT/MT/Card Packs, DLC, and forcing it in offline mode behind a grind wall. IMO, the biggest way is the Card Packs. I don't think CBB will have the same type of impact in Card Packs compared to a CFB. For me, it's a bigger difference in a college football legend than a college basketball legend. The problem with using current NBA stars is that most were 1-2 year players and they weren't really "stars" in college, or you have the overseas and G-League guys. At least with the NFL stars, they had 3-4 years in college and you associate them more with their college team than NBA guys. Even with the college legends who didn't pan out, I feel the College Football Legends have more of a buzz than a College Basketball legend. A Colt McCoy, Tebow, Percy Harvin CFB UT Card would do more than a Tyler Hansbrough, Jimmer Ferdette, or Doug McDermott card.

I do believe that 2k Sports are trying to expand the Sports games portfolio. But, I feel that for 2k, 2k College Hoops would be more of a passion project. At least for EA CFB, the buzz and demand is there for the game where they are going to bring in revenue.