View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 05:13 PM   #7
Blackman316
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Patch 1.06 Adds New Fighters, Striking Updates, Improved Grapplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
so that people will stop spamming it, and considering how unbalanced the clinch system is, it's the least they could do.

How about balancing the clinch system then? Or re-enabling the clinch denial. It's like they are desperate to stray from their EAUFC3 system, that actually worked and was balanced imo. Their little "tweaks" fail to resolve the base of the problem, which I guess comes down to takedowns just being uneffective.

And please keep on claiming that the over-under isn't rare. Better yet: go watch some actual MMA and compare the prevalence of the clinching to that of in-game. The only way afaik to get that clinch is by the doubleleg denial, or by some specific sway/dodge (rare for me). Now I haven't played the game in a while, but I know you don't have any stamina advantage as grappler during a striking battle. So that option is gone. You can't even see if you can cancel during sim mode, which makes it a dubious option. Now swaying against a striking god is also a bad idea, and shouldn't be a thing. So now, ironically, a striker has better tools to get this position than a grappler. And this... this is why I'm laughing.