Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Patch 1.06 Adds New Fighters, Striking Updates, Improved Grappling & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Patch 1.06 Adds New Fighters, Striking Updates, Improved Grappling & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2024, 10:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC 5 Patch 1.06 Adds New Fighters, Striking Updates, Improved Grappling & More

EA Sports UFC 5 patch 1.06 is available today adding welterweight Sean Brady and lightweight Jalin Turner to...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 03-05-2024 at 08:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2024, 12:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Patch 1.06 Adds New Fighters, Striking Updates, Improved Grapplin

new UFC 5 patch, we still don't have colored shorts for CAFS
Old 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Patch 1.06 Adds New Fighters, Striking Updates, Improved Grapplin

Turner and Brady look FANTASTIC. Kudos to the artists, keep up the great work.

Agreed Leiqueros...it'd be nice to get colored trunks on the CAF's. C'mon EA...we're talking about athlete uniforms here. Tisk tisk.

Side note, does anyone have a good caf formula for Mario Bautista. I can;t get him right for the life of me. I dont see any formulas out there on the internet machine either.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:42 PM   #4
Pro

I already stopped caring about the game a month ago (or more). Heard about the patch, but somehow I end up caring even less.

They once again cancelled the only way to get some variety in the wrestling by disabling the over-under altogether (it's still possible but incredibly rare). The thing that gets me absolutely rofl'ing is that they claim it's because of the variety that they cancelled it. Hilarious. That's EA for you. Just trolling the community with their updates.

I never noticed any of the "new vanity rewards". It's the same lazy recolours. In the end, they did give us back the tights colours, but it took 'em years for an hour's work.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
I already stopped caring about the game a month ago (or more). Heard about the patch, but somehow I end up caring even less.

They once again cancelled the only way to get some variety in the wrestling by disabling the over-under altogether (it's still possible but incredibly rare). The thing that gets me absolutely rofl'ing is that they claim it's because of the variety that they cancelled it. Hilarious. That's EA for you. Just trolling the community with their updates.

I never noticed any of the "new vanity rewards". It's the same lazy recolours. In the end, they did give us back the tights colours, but it took 'em years for an hour's work.
They didn't "disable" over/under. It just requires 1% stamina advantage so that people will stop spamming it, and considering how unbalanced the clinch system is, it's the least they could do. Saying it's still possible but rare is just hilarious.
They also buffed single leg bails into back clinch to require less stamina, which is also a nice change to bring back a "forgotten" mechanic.
That being said, normal takedowns do need a small buff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2024, 02:21 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
They didn't "disable" over/under. It just requires 1% stamina advantage so that people will stop spamming it, and considering how unbalanced the clinch system is, it's the least they could do. Saying it's still possible but rare is just hilarious.
They also buffed single leg bails into back clinch to require less stamina, which is also a nice change to bring back a "forgotten" mechanic.
That being said, normal takedowns do need a small buff.
considering guys can still defend tds after missing spin kicks mid air after your small takedown buff… they need more than more small buffs. But he’s right, them adding they nerfed the bail to promote more the variety without even buffing normal takedowns is trolling at this point.

Don’t forget takedowns already have terrrible range, small buffs just continue the striking meta we’ve had for 10 years.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:13 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
so that people will stop spamming it, and considering how unbalanced the clinch system is, it's the least they could do.

How about balancing the clinch system then? Or re-enabling the clinch denial. It's like they are desperate to stray from their EAUFC3 system, that actually worked and was balanced imo. Their little "tweaks" fail to resolve the base of the problem, which I guess comes down to takedowns just being uneffective.

And please keep on claiming that the over-under isn't rare. Better yet: go watch some actual MMA and compare the prevalence of the clinching to that of in-game. The only way afaik to get that clinch is by the doubleleg denial, or by some specific sway/dodge (rare for me). Now I haven't played the game in a while, but I know you don't have any stamina advantage as grappler during a striking battle. So that option is gone. You can't even see if you can cancel during sim mode, which makes it a dubious option. Now swaying against a striking god is also a bad idea, and shouldn't be a thing. So now, ironically, a striker has better tools to get this position than a grappler. And this... this is why I'm laughing.
Old 03-13-2024, 11:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
How about balancing the clinch system then? Or re-enabling the clinch denial. It's like they are desperate to stray from their EAUFC3 system, that actually worked and was balanced imo. Their little "tweaks" fail to resolve the base of the problem, which I guess comes down to takedowns just being uneffective.

And please keep on claiming that the over-under isn't rare. Better yet: go watch some actual MMA and compare the prevalence of the clinching to that of in-game. The only way afaik to get that clinch is by the doubleleg denial, or by some specific sway/dodge (rare for me). Now I haven't played the game in a while, but I know you don't have any stamina advantage as grappler during a striking battle. So that option is gone. You can't even see if you can cancel during sim mode, which makes it a dubious option. Now swaying against a striking god is also a bad idea, and shouldn't be a thing. So now, ironically, a striker has better tools to get this position than a grappler. And this... this is why I'm laughing.
Because clinch needs an overhaul not tweaks. And I agree on that, but it won't come with any updates, it will be a change between launches. Until then, we get tweaks that balance the current system as much as it can be. Re-enabling the clinch denial would be bad the way the clinch works right now.

I agree that over/under is pretty common in real fighting but they are making a game that has to be balanced. For example, over/under in real life isn't as dangerous as in this game. How do they balance that? By making it more difficult to get into that position.

At the end of the day, it still easy to get into over/under. The way you complain, I realise that you don't understand that the 1% stamina advantage refers to short term stamina not long term stamina. This literally means that if you block one strike and dodge the other, then congratulations you can get into over/under. Same thing for simulation mode, you don't have to see your opponents stamina to get into over/under. If they miss a combination, you can pretty much get into it unless there's a big stamina difference. It really amazes me how you devote so much time to write on a forum without devoting the respective time learning the game.

On a final note, I agree that clinch needs a major overhaul where you can work more on it before it breaks and that takedowns need a buff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »