View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 07:48 PM   #83
JoshNormanMane
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Boston kept games close, but the series ultimately wasn't.

I'm still shocked by how much 2K23+24 love the Hawks. They can't buy success with Trae Young in 2K20, but when I simmed 2 years in 2K23 (to get the timeline to the 2024-25 season) the Hawks won back to back titles and Trae Young was MVP.

I love the battle of LA we're getting out West.
If Boston had a better bench unit they could've made some noise this postseason. Horford missed the first 3-Games of the series and his minutes were distributed between Kornet, Keita Bates-Diop, and Lamar Stevens.

The Hawks have been one of the strangest teams in this postseason. They caught a big break against Brooklyn since they lost 2/3 games that Mikal Bridges was active for the entirety of the game. Now against Miami, Young is posting 40-10 every night while he doesn't have another consistent player besides Dejounte Murray on the team. It's a Lebron-like carry job which you don't see from undersized point guards outside A.I

Quote:
I wouldn't have expected the Atlanta-Miami & LA series to go to seven games after Game 4, in fact if I had to have picked any series that would've gone the distance is was the Grizzlies-Thunder.
The big advantage that the Grizzlies surprisingly head against OKC was their bigs. On the surface you don't expect an 81 OVR (Rob Williams) and two 78 OVRs (Brandon Clarke & Xavier Tillman) to shift a series in 2K but OKC is so barren of size outside Chet that it allowed those guys to thrive. Especially Brandon Clarke who I thought Memphis would have to attach a pick alongside to get off his contract with his play in the regular season