View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 12:41 PM   #287
scagwi
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

I realized I should really post my updates and feelings in this PC oriented thread, as that's where I'm playing the game.

A few comments.

1. This has improved a LOT since launch and I've been unfairly holding onto old opinions.

2. It plays great for me in 1080p or 4k with a relatively older build. i7 8700 + RX 6800 -- admittedly using AMD Frame Gen, which keeps me well above 60fps, even in 4k, all the time (usually north of 100fps honestly) and smooth

3. I don't know if I'm going to bother leveling up my guy. I'm finding great great fun with my stock guy and not using the Flop. Just a great amount of challenge but still rewarding and just "fun". I think I'd get annoyed if I started leveling up, as I see a lot of comments about it becoming too easy. I don't want that at all.

4. I turned off "auto-tap-in" -- Way faster and more pleasurable to just do it myself real quick. I will turn this back on if they ever allow the option to "not watch it" (how odd they are forcing that...)

5. The graphics here are finally of that caliber I've wanted -- forever -- in a golf game, where I can literally just enjoy "being out there", for the visuals alone. No golf game has ever done this for me and it's glorious. The way each course has it's own real life unique feel is just uncanny.

Last edited by scagwi; 02-23-2024 at 01:43 PM.