View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:45 PM   #52
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports sending out player NIL contracts today

I'll be honest, I'd be willing to pay additional $ for improvements to Dynasty mode and CPU play if it was actual quality EA was bringing in.

Honestly, I'd almost rather the sports games move to a new model instead of staying with the annual release.

Let me buy this game this year, then just continue to provide support for it. When next season rolls around, throw me a roster update for $40 if I want it. Have wipes for Ultimate Team each season. If I want named coaches in the game, throw another $20 DLC that I can buy to get them into the game.

I know we are getting off topic a little with this, but the annual release cycle is clearly leading to stagnation in all sports games. The Show hardly changes, Madden progresses slowly, NBA 2k improves slowly(though it is packed full of content at least). Screw it, I'm an adult with money, I'd rather pay a little more for updates over time if it meant they got to have a continuous cycle that allowed them to build on the game in a way that's not as easy with the annual cycle. If it meant I paid a little more, I'll live.

All the games that I regularly play now are pretty much all games that are setup like this. They are either paid games that still get updates years after release with some MTX that are not pay to win as options, or they are completely free to play games where you buy cosmetics which fund their team to continue to pump out updates regularly. I'd be 100% down for sports games to move on from being annual releases to becoming platforms that are updated continuously.

― Plato