Old 02-08-2024, 10:40 PM   #1196
Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I saw a really cool video on youtube about Microsoft's strategy. They basically demonstrated that MSoft has already decided to end the console war for every which will actually get rid of all consoles. Just like the Vision pro from apple, the tech isn't really there yet, but it's a glimpse into the future.

As long as computing tech progresses, gamepass will eventually be avaiallbe anywhere from any device. Stadia's failure is just a case of it being too soon.

Consoles loose money on every sale in order to bring consumers into the ecosystem which is money-making. But if your'e ecosystem is hardware agnostic eventually you will just win.

MSoft making games available too all platforms doesn't kill xbox consoles, it kills ALL CONSOLES. Some may like or dislike that it doesn't matter it's already set in motion and simply a matter of time. The era of home console's is coming to an end.

So moving forward the question isn't 'do I like xbox or playstation better?" it's "do I live Gamepass or Playstation Plus better' ...? with bethesda, activision etc... plus the plethora of absolutely 'free' games, that's a hell of a first-mover advantage.
I mentioned to someone the other day that in a few decades, we're going to have one dedicated console for every developer and publisher. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, they're all going to be making games for one system that isn't a PC. Microsoft potentially leaving the console market is just the first step.